Ângelo Angelin (January 21, 1935 – July 3, 2017) was a Brazilian academic and politician who served as the second Governor of the state of Rondônia from May 13, 1985, until March 15, 1987. Angelin, who held the state governorship during Brazil's transition from military rule to democracy, was the last appointed Governor of Rondônia before the introduction of direct elections for the office in 1987. Angelin was known as a strong supporter of Rondônia's municipal governments during his two-year term.
|2nd Governor of Rondônia|
May 13, 1985 – March 15, 1987
|Preceded by||Jorge Teixeira de Oliveira|
|Succeeded by||Jerônimo Garcia de Santana|
|Member of the Legislative Assembly of Rondônia|
|Born||January 21, 1935|
Capivari, São Paulo
|Died||July 3, 2017 (aged 82)|
Cuiabá, Mato Grosso
|Spouse(s)||Elisabete Ansilieiro (?–2017; his death)|
Angelin was serving in the Legislative Assembly of Rondônia when he was appointed Governor of Rondônia by Brazilian President José Sarney in 1985 during the country's transition to civilian rule.
Angelin died from complications of diverticulitis at the Hospital Santa Rosa in Cuiabá, Mato Grosso, on July 3, 2017, at the age 82. He had been hospitalized at Santa Rosa since June 18th. The Governor of Rondônia, Confúcio Moura, declared three days of official mourning following Angelin's death. He was buried in his hometown of Cuiabá, Mato Grosso.
- "Governo de RO decreta luto oficial de três dias pela morte de Ângelo Angelin". G1. 2017-07-04. Retrieved 2017-07-24.
- "Governo de Rondônia decreta Luto Oficial de três dias pela morte do ex-governador Ângelo Angelin". Government of Rondônia. 2017-07-04. Retrieved 2017-07-24.
- "Morre o ex-governador de Rondônia, Ângelo Angelin". Jornal Rondoniagora. 2017-07-03. Retrieved 2017-07-24.
- Spagnol, Renato (2017-07-03). "Morre ex-governador de Rondônia Ângelo Angelin". Vilhena Noticias. Retrieved 2017-07-24.
- Quiquiô, Gaia (2014-09-11). "Morre Jerônimo Santana, o primeiro governador de Rondônia". G1 (Rede Globo). Retrieved 2017-07-24.