Telephone numbers in Saint Helena and Tristan da Cunha
Format: +290 XXXX
2013 change to numbering planEdit
From 1 October 2013 all existing 4-digit telephone numbers on St Helena will be prefixed by a ‘2’ to implement a 5-digit numbering plan. The change in numbering resulted after the increased demand for new telephone services while also providing a platform for the future introduction of a cellular network on the island.
|1XX – 19XX||non-geographic||PSTN Service Numbers|
|1XXXX||Reserved||Reserved for future Telephone Services|
|22XXX||Jamestown, St Helena||PSTN Services|
|23XXX - 25XXX||PSTN Services|
|260XX – 261XX||Information Service|
|264XX - 29XXX||PSTN Services|
|3XXXX||Reserved for future Telephone Services|
|4XXXX||Reserved for future Telephone Services|
|7XXXX||Reserved for future Telephone Services|
|8XXXX||Tristan Da Cunha||Reserved for future Telephone Services|
|9XXXX||Reserved for future Telephone Services|
Tristan da CunhaEdit
Although Tristan da Cunha shares the +290 code with St Helena, residents have access to the Foreign and Commonwealth Office Telecommunications Network, provided by Global Crossing. This uses a London 020 numbering range, meaning that numbers are accessed via the UK telephone numbering plan.
- Sure South Atlantic Ltd. (29 August 2013). "Change to 5 Digit Telephone Numbering Plan" (PDF). The Sentinel. p. 19. Retrieved August 29, 2013.
- South Atlantic Media Services (20 June 2013). "Don't forget your number 2's" (PDF). The Sentinel. p. 9. Retrieved August 29, 2013.
- "Frequently Asked Questions". Sure South Atlantic Ltd. Retrieved 28 August 2015.
- Global Crossing extends FCO network to Tristan da Cunha
- Tristan Da CunhaContact Information
|This article about Saint Helena or the British Overseas Territory of Saint Helena, Ascension and Tristan da Cunha is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article related to telephone numbers is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|