Today's featured article
Title TK is the third studio album by American alternative rock band the Breeders, released in May 2002 on 4AD. The album, whose name means "title to come", generated three singles: "Off You", "Huffer", and "Son of Three"; it reached the top 100 in France, Germany, the UK, and Australia. After multiple changes in personnel and aborted recording attempts in the mid-to-late 1990s, singer and songwriter Kim Deal (pictured) began sessions with engineer Steve Albini in 1999. Musicians Mando Lopez, Richard Presley, and Jose Medeles, as well as former member Kelley Deal—Kim’s sister—joined the band, who continued recording with Albini in 2001 in Chicago. Two other songs were recorded with engineers Andrew Alekel and Mark Arnold in Los Angeles. The album has received generally positive reviews from critics, who have noted its inclusion of unexpected sounds, minimal instrumentation, and unconventional, sometimes dark lyrics. (Full article...)
In the news
- The Netherlands, represented by Duncan Laurence (pictured) with the song "Arcade", wins the Eurovision Song Contest.
- The Ibiza affair, a political scandal, causes the collapse of the Austrian government and triggers a snap election.
- The Liberal–National Coalition, led by Prime Minister Scott Morrison, wins the most seats in the Australian federal election.
- Taiwan becomes the first state in Asia to legalize same-sex marriage.
- Chinese-American architect I. M. Pei dies at the age of 102.