Zizia is a genus of flowering plants named after Johann Baptist Ziz (1779–1829), a German botanist from the Rhineland.Species within this genus include Z. aurea (common name Golden Alexander) and Z. aptera (common name Heartleaf Alexander) As typical of plants in the Apiaceae family, plants in this genus bear flowers on distinct umbels (umbrella-like inflorescences).
- "Genus: Zizia W. D. J. Koch". Germplasm Resources Information Network (GRIN). United States Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service, Beltsville Area. Retrieved 2008-08-16.
-  U.S. Department of the Interior: Ovalleaf Golden Alexanders (Zizea aptera)
-  Desert-Tropicals: Golden Alexanders
-  Ion Exchange Native Seed and Plant Nursery: Golden Alexander
-  Ion Exchange Native Seed and Plant Nursery: Heartleaf Alexander
-  Robert W. Freckmann Herbarium (University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point)
-  Genus of the Month: Zizia
|This Apiaceae article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|