|Water Margin character|
|Also known as||"Demon Lord Zheng"
|Grand Commandant of Commander's Hall
(殿帥太尉) of Fang La forces
|Hometown||Lanxi County, Wuzhou (present-day Jinhua, Zhejiang)|
|First appearance||Chapter 97|
Zheng Biao, also known as "Demon Lord Zheng" (Zheng Mojun), is a fictional character in the Water Margin, one of the Four Great Classical Novels of Chinese literature. Zheng Biao is a servant of the rebel leader, Fang La, one of the antagonists and enemy of the 108 Liangshan outlaws. He is also an apprentice of the unorthodox Taoist priest and magician Bao Daoyi. He is best known for slaying the couple Wang Ying and Hu Sanniang.
Zheng Biao is from Lanxi County, Wuzhou (present-day Jinhua, Zhejiang), and used to be a constable there. He joins Fang La's rebellion and becomes one of Fang La's trusted generals later. Zheng Biao also becomes an apprentice of the unorthodox Taoist magician Bao Daoyi and has an adept mastery of sorcery.
Zheng Biao is first introduced in the story during the battle of Muzhou between the Liangshan heroes and Fang La's forces. Zheng Biao faces the couple Wang Ying and Hu Sanniang in combat. During the duel, Zheng Biao uses magic to summon a knight in golden armour to confuse Wang Ying and seize the opportunity to kill Wang. Hu Sanniang attempts to avenge her husband but Zheng Biao dodges her spear and he uses his magical golden bricks to smash into Hu's face and kill her.
In the next round, Li Kui, covered by Xiang Chong and Li Gun, challenges Zheng Biao to a fight. Zheng Biao retreats back to his army formation, where he uses magic to darken the sky and conjure windstorms to confuse the Liangshan forces. Xiang Chong and Li Gun lose their way and are eventually killed by Fang La's soldiers. Li Kui survives when Hua Rong, Qin Ming and Fan Rui come to his aid.
In a later battle, Zheng Biao faces Liangshan's Guan Sheng in a duel. He is no match for Guan Sheng so Bao Daoyi summons a golden armoured knight to help him, but the knight is defeated by a more powerful magic warrior summoned by Liangshan's Fan Rui. Guan Sheng uses the opportunity to kill Zheng Biao.
- (Chinese) Li, Mengxia. 108 Heroes from the Water Margin, page 217. EPB Publishers Pte Ltd, 1992. ISBN 9971-0-0252-3.
- Buck, Pearl. All Men are Brothers. Moyer Bell Ltd, 2006. ISBN 9781559213035.
- Zhang, Lin Ching. Biographies of Characters in Water Margin. Writers Publishing House, 2009. ISBN 978-7506344784.
- Keffer, David. Outlaws of the Marsh.
- Miyamotois, Yoko. Water Margin: Chinese Robin Hood and His Bandits.
- (Japanese) Ichisada, Miyazaki. Suikoden: Kyoko no naka no Shijitsu. Chuo Koronsha, 1993. ISBN 978-4122020559.
- Shibusawa, Kou. Bandit Kings of Ancient China. KOEI, 1989.