You'll Rebel to Anything
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2010)|
|You'll Rebel to Anything|
|Studio album by Mindless Self Indulgence|
|Released||April 12, 2005 (US)-Explicit, Clean, Vinyl
November 5, 2007 (EU)-Expanded and Remastered
January 22, 2008 (US)-Expanded and Remastered
March 5, 2008 (JP)
|Genre||Electronic rock, synthpunk, industrial rock|
37:40 (Expanded & Remastered)
|Producer||James Euringer, James Galus, Machine|
|Mindless Self Indulgence chronology|
|Singles from You'll Rebel To Anything|
|Metal Hammer||(7/10)|
You'll Rebel to Anything is the third studio album by New York City band Mindless Self Indulgence released on April 12, 2005. The album was released outside of the US on November 5, 2007 in an "Expanded and Remastered" edition. On January 22, 2008 the Expanded & Remastered version was released in the US. A special Japanese version of the remastered edition was released on March 5, 2008, which includes a demo version of "Bomb This Track", the completed version of which can be found on If.
This album resulted in many firsts for the band; it was their first studio album to feature Lyn-Z on bass, first studio album to have alternate versions, first studio album to reach the Billboard, first studio album to be released outside of the US, first studio album in which clean versions of all the tracks were released to hard copy, first studio album to feature tracks from Pink and Alienating Our Audience, and their first studio album to have music videos based on tracks besides those excerpted from live shows.
All songs by Little Jimmy Urine except when noted.
- "Shut Me Up" – 2:48
- "1989" – 1:57
- "Straight to Video" – 3:44
- "Tom Sawyer" (Geddy Lee, Neil Peart, Alex Lifeson, Pye Dubois) – 2:24
- Rush cover
- "You'll Rebel to Anything (As Long as It's Not Challenging)" – 2:32
- "What Do They Know?" – 3:08
- "Stupid MF" – 2:25
- "2 Hookers and an Eightball" – 2:17 (Originally released on Alienating Our Audience as "Two Hookers")
- "Prom" – 2:29
- "Bullshit" – 2:40
- "Mic Commander" – 2:02
- "La Di Da Di" (Moses Davis, Ricky Walters) – 3:49
- Originally recorded by Doug E. Fresh & the Get Fresh Crew
Expanded & Remastered
- "Mic Commander" (dirty version) – 2:05
- "La Di Da Di" – 3:49
- "Make Me Cum" – 2:50 (demo)
- "Wack!" – 2:34 (live recording from Webster Hall, NYC July 2005; original version on Despierta Los Niños)
- "Mic Commander"
- "Bomb This Track" (demo version)
- "Frying Pan" (originally appeared on Another Mindless Rip Off)
- "La Di Da Di"
- "Shut Me Up" (1200XL Mix, remix by VNV Nation)
- "Shut Me Up" (Groandome Metal Mix, remix by Ulrich Wild)
- "Straight to Video" (Burnout Revenge Mix, remix by KMFDM)
- "Straight to Video" (Remix according to Combichrist)
- "What Do They Know?" (Extended Pleasure Mix, remix by Hollowboy)
- "What Do They Know?" (Backstabber's Delight Mix, remix by Procon)
- "Molly" (On The Expanded/Remastered Version)
- "Shut Me Up"
- "Straight to Video"
The cover on the album is a blue cross made up of many video game controllers and systems, including the Gamecube, PlayStation 1, PlayStation 2, XBox, Atari 2600, Nintendo Entertainment System, Super Nintendo Entertainment System, Sega Genesis, and the Power Glove. The cover for the Japanese version is a parody of the cover art on Another Mindless Rip Off.
- "You'll Rebel to Anything" (directed by Alexander Serpico)
- "Shut Me Up" (directed by Jhonen Vasquez)
- "Straight to Video" (directed by Poz Lang)