|IATA: none – ICAO: KSDC – FAA LID: SDC|
|Airport type||Public use|
|Owner||Williamson Flying Club Inc.|
|Serves||Williamson / Sodus, New York|
|Elevation AMSL||424 ft / 129 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Williamson–Sodus Airport (ICAO: KSDC, FAA LID: SDC, formerly 3G7) is a public use airport in Wayne County, New York, United States. It is privately owned by the Williamson Flying Club and is located three nautical miles (6 km) west of the central business district of the Town of Sodus, and east of the Town of Williamson. This airport is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a reliever airport.
Although most U.S. airports use the same three-letter location identifier for the FAA and IATA, this airport is assigned SDC by the FAA but has no designation from the IATA, which assigned SDC to Sandcreek Airport in Guyana.
Facilities and aircraft
Williamson–Sodus Airport covers an area of 109 acres (44 ha) at an elevation of 424 feet (129 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 10/28 with an asphalt surface measuring 3,801 by 60 feet (1,159 x 18 m).
For the 12-month period ending September 24, 2010, the airport had 26,536 aircraft operations, an average of 72 per day: 99.9% general aviation and 0.1% military. At that time there were 65 aircraft based at this airport: 89% single-engine, 2% multi-engine, 2% helicopter, and 8% ultralight.
- FAA Airport Master Record for SDC ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective May 31, 2012.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- "Williamson-Sodus Airport (ICAO: KSDC, FAA: SDC, IATA: none)". Great Circle Mapper. Retrieved September 10, 2009.
- "Sandcreek Airport, Guyana (IATA: SDC)". Aviation Safety Network. Retrieved September 10, 2009.
- Williamson Flying Club
- PDF at New York State DOT Airport Directory
- Aerial photo as of April 1995 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for SDC, effective May 2, 2013
- Resources for this airport:
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language