William Beaumont Health System
|William Beaumont Hospital|
|Location||Metro Detroit, Michigan, United States|
|Lists||Hospitals in Michigan|
Beaumont Health System is a regional medical system in the Detroit Metropolitan area. It first opened with a 238-bed hospital in Royal Oak, Michigan in 1955. The hospital system is named after William Beaumont, a medical doctor at an army post on Mackinac Island, Michigan.
Beaumont is a regional healthcare provider that includes three hospitals, medical centers located throughout the area, nursing homes, rehabilitation facilities and hundreds of doctors' offices.
The largest hospital is located at 3601 W Thirteen Mile Road in Royal Oak, Michigan near Woodward Avenue and houses 1,070 inpatient beds. The facility also includes cancer, renal, vascular, heart and neuroscience centers as well as a research institute and a medical building with private practices and other Beaumont services.
Beaumont Hospital in Grosse Pointe, a 280-bed hospital, is located at 468 Cadieux Rd, Grosse Pointe, MI 48230. On October 1, 2007 it was acquired by Beaumont Hospitals from Bon Secours Health System Inc.
Beaumont serves as a teaching hospital for University of Michigan Medical School, Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine, Wayne State University School of Medicine, Wayne State University School of Nursing,Oakland University and Michigan State University School of Nursing.
In 2010, Oakland University and William Beaumont Hospital received ACGME-accreditation to open an allopathic medical school to be called Oakland University William Beaumont Medical School (OUWBMS). Construction on new buildings and facilities at the Rochester Campus of Oakland University is underway and the first class of OUWBMS started in 2011.
- Choose Beaumont Metro Detroit Hospitals | Beaumont Health System
- Locations, Maps & Directions
- Beaumont, Grosse Pointe Campus
- Beaumont Hospitals acquires Bon Secours | Beaumont Hospitals
- Beaumont Medical Centers: Michigan Community Care
- Nursing Homes & Extended Care Facilities
- Graduate Medical Education Beaumont Hospital | Beaumont Hospitals
- Community Partnerships
- Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine - Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine - Oakland University
- Medical Education | Beaumont Hospitals
- Research and Innovation at Beaumont Hospitals in Michigan
- Beaumont Hospitals – Clinical Pastoral Education | Beaumont Hospitals
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language