Waverley Rail Trail
|Bridge over Warrigal Rd looking west|
|Waverley Rail Trail|
|Difficulty||Easy to medium|
|Path||Bitumen and concrete|
|Train||Glen Waverley line|
The Waverley Rail Trail is a combination of shared use path for cyclists and pedestrians and on-road bicycle route, which follows the Glen Waverley railway line from Holmesglen railway station to Glen Waverley railway station in the south eastern suburbs of Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
Following the path
The path begins at the eastern end of Holmesglen railway station. You can either cross Warrigal Rd at the traffic lights and join the trail on the southern side of the railway line or cross the railway bridge on the northern side and continue for approximately 200m to the pedestrian crossing across the railway line. The path continues until it reaches Paringa Court. Cross Power Avenue and continue up Railway Parade South to Huntingdale Road. Cross at the traffic lights then continue through Jordanville railway station car park to Windsor Avenue. Follow it to the end then go through the Mount Waverley railway station car park and find the path at the eastern end of the platform. The path continues to Blackburn Road where you must cross at the lights and continue past Syndal railway station and up Coleman Parade to Glen Waverley railway station where the trail ends.
- The Scotchmans Creek Trail (1 km) and Gardiners Creek Trail (2 km) can be reached by travelling west from Warrigal Road at Holmesglen railway station. Use the pedestrian bridge over Warrigal Road - refer photo - to access Argyll Street. Continue to the end of Argyll Street. At that point a short path ascends to Golfers Drive. Head along Golfers Drive using the section of path that continues to Waverley Road. Pass under the highway to arrive at the Scotchmans Creek Trail.
- Syndal Heatherdale Pipe Reserve Trail starts at Syndal railway station.
- A signed on road route from Glen Waverley railway station leads to the Dandenong Creek Trail at Jells Park.
- City of Monash description of the trail
- Boroondara BUG's proposal to close the gap between East Malvern Station and Warrigal Rd via Argyll St and the photos.
- BUG's proposal to close the gap between Markham Reserve and Holmesglen Station via a shared path alongside Warrigal Rd.