|Studio album by Stan Kenton|
|Released||September 22, 1959|
|Stan Kenton chronology|
Viva Kenton is an album by Stan Kenton, released in 1959 by Capitol Records, and later on Kenton's own Creative World label. The album features compositions by Gene Roland, and was Kenton's second all-Latin album. It was the followup to Kenton's successful Cuban Fire! LP of 1956.
In 2005, Blue Note released the album on CD (under the Capitol Jazz imprint) with 6 bonus tracks, all taken from the 1963 album Artistry in Bossa Nova.
- "Mexican Jumping Bean"
- "Cha Cha Sombrero"
- "Chocolate Caliente"
- "Aqua Marine"
- "Opus in Chartreuse Cha-Cha-Cha"
- "Cha Cha Chee Boom"
- "Mission Trail"
- "Artistry in Rhythm"
- "Artistry in Bossa Nova" (a.k.a. Artistry in Bolero) [CD bonus track]
- "Interlude" [CD bonus track]
- "Jump For Joe" [CD bonus track]
- "Opus in Pastels" [CD bonus track]
- "Concerto to End All Concertos" [CD bonus track]
- "Loco-Nova" [CD bonus track]