|Alma mater||San Diego State University, Arizona State University,|
Career with HP
Ferraro started working for Hewlett-Packard in 1983 as a senior financial analyst. He would be promoted to several management and executive positions over the years, including North American channel marketing director for commercial national accounts and vice president of marketing for several divisions of the company. In addition to marketing, he used his blog to help problem solve compatibility problems between HP products and Microsoft Vista. In 2007 and 2008 Ferraro was a speaker at the Chief Marketing Officer Council summit. Ferraro spent over twenty-five years with the company and eventually retired from HP as VP of Worldwide Marketing for the LaserJet business in 2008.
In 2011 Ferraro made national news when he attempted to trademark Occupy Wall Street. His attempt to purchase the trademark was not on behalf of any corporation, however he stated to the Wall Street Journal law blog that, "Filing this claim has nothing to with their cause. I have no comment about their political grievances or organization. I’m not in any way affiliated with them ... I just see alternative uses for the trademark."
After leaving HP Ferraro worked for several smaller companies as am interim marketing executive and consultant, until taking the position of Vice President of Marketing for the digital printing solutions business of Eastman Kodak. In this position, Ferraro has served as a spokesman for new Kodak products as they are revealed annually. Under his direction, in 2011 the company won nineteen awards from the International Association of Printing House Craftsmen. He was eventually promoted to Vice President of Corporate and Consumer Marketing at Kodak. He is also a long time member of the Chief Marketing Officer Council Advisory Board. He is also a Springboard Business Advisor for the Connection Foundation.
- "Vince Ferraro Biography". Chief Marketing Officer Council. Retrieved November 28, 2012.
- Vince Ferraro (July 19, 2008). "On To New Journeys-This Blogger's Farewell". Hewlett-Packard. Retrieved November 28, 2012.
- Mike Hogan (December 1, 2004). "Color-Blind?". Entrepreneur. Retrieved November 28, 2012.
- Charlene Li, Josh Bernoff, and Josh Bernoff (2011). Groundswell, Expanded and Revised Edition: Winning in a World Transformed by Social Technologies. Harvard Business Press. p. 110. Retrieved November 28, 2012.
- "Elite Retreat: Less Burn, More Return". Retrieved November 28, 2012.
- Joe Palazzolo (November 2, 2011). "Law Blog Fireside: Vince Ferraro, the Guy Trying to Occupy the ‘Occupy’ Trademark". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved November 28, 2012.
- Tim Sheahan (February 23, 2011). "Kodak gives worldwide debut to S20 Imprinting System". Pro Print. Retrieved November 28, 2012.
- Allison Cerra (January 9, 2012). "Kodak reiterates innovation despite looming bankruptcy". Retailing Today. Retrieved November 28, 2012.
- "IAPHC presents 19 digital print awards to Kodak". Output Magazine. December 9, 2011. Retrieved November 28, 2012.
- "Business Advisors". Retrieved December 11, 2012.