|— city —|
|• Sarpanch||Unknown|
|Elevation||38 m (125 ft)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Wada is located at  It has an average elevation of 38 metres (124 feet)..
There are many castes live in wada taluka.Kunbi peoples had many villages in this taluka.Aapti,kharivali,nane,gorhe are villages of kunbi peoples.after kunbi peoples aagri and koli peoples also had some villages like kanchad.
As of 2001[update] India census, Wada had a population of 75,291. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Wada has an average literacy rate of 92%, higher than the national average of 72.5%. In Wada, 12% of the population is under six years of age.
As of 2011[update] India census, Wada had a population of 142,753, with 52.33% males and 47.66% females. Of the total population, 26,566 live in rural areas.. Wada is emerging as a new industrial hub with several industrial undertakings and foundries being established recently.
Colleges and Schools
- ALC Junior College
- Wada College of Management and Science
- Swami Vivekanand College
- Utkarsha Vidya Mandir
- Little Angels
- Shubham International School
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Wada
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
- "Wada, Thane, Maharashtra". Government of India, Ministry of Home Affairs. Retrieved October 26, 2012.
|This Thane district, Maharashtra, India location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|