VAV Life Sciences
|Key people||Arun Kedia, Chairman & MD|
|Products||Pharmaceuticals, Phospholipids, Lecithins|
VAV Life Sciences Private Limited is an Indian company producing healthcare ingredients including lecithin and phospholipid, with products serving the food, nutrition, pharmaceuticals, cosmetics and drug delivery markets. As a matter of company policy, VAV only offers lecithins from non-GMO sources. Within pharmaceuticals, the company also manufactures generic active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) with a particular focus on cytotoxic drugs such as permethrin.
Refined phospholipids derived from soyabean, milk and egg are used for liposomal drug delivery of topical, oral, transdermal and parenteral medicines. They find increasing usage in nanomedicine like oncology and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) due to their ability to target specific cells.
Located with R & D and manufacturing facilities in Vasai (Thane district) near Mumbai, VAV Life Sciences along with its subsidiary VAV Lipids Private Limited, serves the global market with 90% of its sales outside India. In the pharmaceutical segment, VAV Life Sciences’ presence straddles four main therapeutic areas—hepatology, neurology, cardiovascular and oncology.
VAV Life Sciences' is rated C2 by SMERA, India's first rating agency for SME segment and is a member of International Lecithin & Phospholipid Society, CHEMEXCIL, Federation of Indian Export Organisations, Phospholipid Research Centre and the Indo-German Chamber of Commerce.
VAV Life Sciences' employs biotechnologists, chemists, microbiologists, engineers, finance/legal/marketing analysts and general administrators. Around 6% of its employees have PhD degrees, 32% have a master’s degree, and 41% are graduates.
VAV Life Sciences' research facility in Vasai (Thane district) near Mumbai actively collaborates with and supports universities to make courses more industry oriented and in their research projects related to targeted drug delivery, liposomes and nanoparticles for crossing the blood–brain barrier. VAV Life Sciences' contributes materials for research projects and patents, globally.
LIPOVA-E100: Combination of egg lecithin with egg proteins, devoid of cholesterol or triglycerides. Valuable nutritional supplement in either capsule, tablet or beverage formulations. May also be used to make infant formulas in combination with omega-3 fatty acids.
LIPOVA-E200: Egg protein concentrate (70%+ protein content) devoid of fat or cholesterol. Suitable for nutritional supplements intended to build muscle mass such as sports nutrition, weight gain formulas etc.
LECIVA-S35: Soya lecithin of non-genetic modification origin, with triglycerides for nutritional supplementation, also known conventionally as "triple strength lecithin". Suitable for soft gelatine encapsulation or liquid filled hard-shell capsules.
LECIVA-S70: Pure phospholipid fraction of soya lecithin for liposomal formulations and nutritional supplementation.
LECIVA-S90: Highly purified, phosphatidylcholine enriched fraction of soya lecithin for liposomal formulations and targeted drug delivery (nanotechnology).
- Liposomes in Drug Delivery
- Makeup News Russia
- Ancient wisdom modern methods
- Phospholipids for a healthy life
- Therapeutic Properties of Oleova (Egg Yolk Oil)
- Egg oil sunscreen? It’s no 'yolk'
- Egg Oil to Stay young forever
- Positive Health, UK
- International Lecithin & Phospholipid Society
- Federation of Indian Export Organisations
- Phospholipid Research Centre, Heidelberg
- Indo-German Chamber of Commerce
- Nanoparticles of Polyethylene Sebacate:Swati Guhagarkar, et.al.
- Environmental Monitoring and Assessment [2009, 151(1-4):397-400]
- Doing Business 2009 - World Bank
- US Patent No.2012/0189677 - Stephen Tonge
- Satapathy, D., Biswas, D., Behera, B., Sagiri, S. S., Pal, K. and Pramanik, K. (2012), Sunflower-oil-based lecithin organogels as matrices for controlled drug delivery. J. Appl. Polym. Sci.. doi: 10.1002/app.38498
- United States Patent US4670285
- American Journal of Clinical Nutrition