V8 Supercars RedLine
|V8 Supercars RedLine|
|Attraction type||Racing simulator|
|Riders per vehicle||2|
|Duration||7 minutes (30 minutes for NightDriver)|
|Cost for driver||$10|
|Cost for passenger||$5|
|Restrictions||- 130 cm (51 in) for drivers
- 18 kg (40 lb) and above 4 years old (for passengers)
This is a pay-per-use attraction
V8 Supercars RedLine is a racing simulator based upon Australia's V8 Supercars series. It is an upcharge attraction which allows up to 4 guests to participate in a 24-car race around Bathurst. Located in the southern portion of Ocean Parade, V8 Supercars RedLine forms part of Dreamworld's marketing initiative, Adrenalin Alley which incorporates the FlowRider and AVPX.
On 14 November 2008, Dreamworld announced V8 Supercars RedLine on Australian theme park forum, Parkz. This was followed shortly by the launch of a construction blog at v8supercars.dreamworld.com.au.
Construction of the ride began shortly after the ride's announcement. An existing shed, originally used as part of the Cyclone's theming, was modified and extended to become the home of V8 Supercars RedLine.
The ride was originally scheduled to open on 16 December 2008, however, a number of reasons forced it to be delayed.V8 Supercars RedLine had a soft opening on 26 December 2008. The ride was officially opened on 18 February 2009 with V8 Supercar drivers Cameron McConville, Craig Lowndes, Greg Murphy and Jamie Whincup present for the launch.
Guests enter the V8 Supercars RedLine building which is located adjacent to the FlowRider and the Cyclone at the southern end of Ocean Parade. Riders must pre-book their session at the booking counter. When it is their session riders will receive a briefing on how to drive the cars as well as a safety spiel.
During normal park operating hours, drivers are required to pay $10 to experience V8 Supercars RedLine. Guests who don't want to drive but still want to experience the ride can purchase a passenger pass for $5. For these prices they get to experience the ride for 7 minutes.
On selected Friday nights, Dreamworld operate V8 Supercars RedLine as NightDriver. For a $20 fee, drivers can have a 30 minute session. Spectators can watch the session for $5.
V8 Supercars RedLine features 4 replica V8 Supercars. The cars are modelled on those of Craig Lowndes, Greg Murphy, Mark Winterbottom and Cameron McConville in the V8 Supercars series. Each car is fitted with a collision detection system. This translates into mechanical movements. Screens covering 180° vision surround each of the cars. The cars also feature a rear-vision camera.
- "V8 Supercars RedLine". Atomiq. Retrieved 4 December 2011.
- "V8 Supercars RedLine". Dreamworld. Retrieved 4 December 2011.
- "V8 Supercars RedLine (Dreamworld)". Parkz. Retrieved 4 December 2011.
- Feeney, Katherine (25 December 2008). "Virtual V8 Supercars roar in". Brisbane Times. Retrieved 4 December 2011.
- "Adrenalin Alley targets corporate events". Micebtn. 8 July 2009. Retrieved 4 December 2011.
- "DW PR: New V8 Supercars Attraction & Behind the Scenes BLOG". Parkz. 14 November 2008. Retrieved 4 December 2011.
- "Dreamworld partners another Aussie icon and unleashes V8 Supercars power". V8 Supercars RedLine Blog. Dreamworld. 14 November 2011. Archived from the original on 6 April 2009. Retrieved 4 December 2011.
- Dreamworld (20 November 2008). "Location 1". Photo. Flickr. Retrieved 4 December 2011.
- Dreamworld (20 November 2008). "Attraction Construction 8". Photo. Flickr. Retrieved 4 December 2011.
- "Attraction Construction 3". Photo. Flickr. 20 November 2008. Retrieved 4 December 2011.
- Winkel, Shelley (11 December 2008). "Update on RedLine launch". V8 Supercars RedLine Blog. Dreamworld. Retrieved 4 December 2011.
- "Australia’s first V8 Supercars virtual experience has officially opened". E-Travel Blackboard. 20 February 2009. Retrieved 4 December 2011.
- "Book Your Spot". Dreamworld. Retrieved 4 December 2011.
- "How to Race". Dreamworld. Retrieved 4 December 2011.
- Westthorp, Tanya (19 February 2009). "Virtual V8 Supercar a theme park reality". Gold Coast Bulletin. Retrieved 4 December 2011.
- "Win tickets to take a seat in Dreamworld's wild V8 Supercar ride". South-East Advertiser. 5 January 2009. Retrieved 4 December 2011.