||This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.
Tool of file copy.
|Initial release||29, 2009|
|Stable release||126.96.36.199 / 20/05/2013|
|Written in||C++ and Qt|
|Operating system||Windows XP and later
Mac OS X Snow Leopard and later
Linux (only for Ultracopier versions up to and including 0.2)
|Platform||IA-32 and x64|
|Available in||8 languages|
Ultracopier is a tool to replace files copy of the file explorer.
- Pause and resume the copy
- Show speed and apply speed limitation
- Double progress bar to general and current file
- Copy list can be edited during the copy
- Error log
- Collision management (overwrite, skip, cancel or rename)
- Error management (retry where it block -> not whole the file, skip, cancel put at the end of the list)
- Resume the copy where it have stop if error occurred
- Support of skins and CSS
- Command line for scripting
The project Catchcopy try unify way to intercept the copy and send it to software able to do file copy. That's simplify this kind of software, group interception plugin for each file explorer. The project Ultracopier and Super Copier have begun to group some code.
The first implementation, mainly aimed at launching the project and see if it was of some use. The developer have learnt Qt with this version.
Is a total remake of Ultracopier, and has been mostly written from scratch. Freelance have been paid (and the donates have not repay the work) to implement windows specific parts. Lots of major features were added, namely the debug mode, the portable version, better options and a better copy engine. At that time, the project was quite popular and a partnership with supercopier was made. This version focused on performance and stability. It uses external libraries and protocols.
Structural changes to make it much more extensible. Plugins are supported. The copy engine is plugin, which allow keep the application into Qt and manage other format like KDE, rsync, http, ... That's allow to write specific version for one platform to improve the performance. The interface is plugin too, to do easy transition from other software and file explorer. The plugin interception allow easy coding to intercept copy from file explorer and other interception system can be used.
Makes use of Qt5. Various optimizations.
Stability improvement. There are three versions of Ultracopier :
- The simple one (free)
- The ultimate one (non free)
- The ultimate one (free) with cgminer included, which is a Bitcoin generator (makes use of the GPU).
Ultracopier Portable is the portable version of Ultracopier, which means that it runs directly from memory cards, USB keys and external hard drives. This version is developed in the main branch directly, in order to avoid dirty patches and improve the support. It uses compression (UPX, Lzma, Tar) to minimize the size of the application.
- "The release version of ultracopier 0.1". Files.first-world.info. Retrieved 2012-11-02.
- "Download ultracopier". Ultracopier.first-world.info. Retrieved 2012-11-02.
- The web site of the project (useful for developer of file explorer and file copier) catchcopy
- "Beta of Ultracopier 0.3". Ultracopier.first-world.info. Retrieved 2012-11-02.
- "rsync for ultracopier". Ultracopier-shop.first-world.info. Retrieved 2012-11-02.
- "teracopy interface for ultracopier". Ultracopier-shop.first-world.info. Retrieved 2012-11-02.
- Official website
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language