UTC+08:00 ~ 120 degrees E – all year
|Central||120 degrees E|
|Western border (nautical)||112.5 degrees E|
|Eastern border (nautical)||127.5 degrees E|
|Date-time group (DTG)||H|
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (December 2009)|
With an estimated population of 1.53 billion living within the time zone, roughly 22.5% of the world population, it is the most populous time zone in world, as well as a possible candidate for ASEAN Common Time.
This time zone is used in all Chinese-speaking countries, giving international Chinese websites the same time.
As standard time (all year round)
- Mongolia (most of the country) - Time in Mongolia
- Mainland China - China Standard Time (Beijing Time)
- Taiwan - National Standard Time
- Hong Kong - Hong Kong Time
- Macau - Macau Standard Time (Hong Kong Standard Time)
- Philippines - Philippine Standard Time
- Brunei - Brunei Darussalam Standard Time
- Malaysia - Malaysia Standard Time
- Singapore - Singapore Standard Time
- Indonesia (Central areas) - Central Indonesian Time
Discrepancies between official UTC+08 and geographical UTC+08
Areas located within UTC+08 longitudes using other time zones
Areas located outside UTC+08 longitudes using UTC+08 time
Areas between 127°30′ E and 142°30′ E ("physical" UTC+09)
- Parts of eastern China including the eastern end of Heilongjiang province.
- Easternmost parts of Western Australia.
Areas between 97°30′ E and 112°30′ E ("physical" UTC+07)
- Parts of China, including Guangxi Province and Hainan Island.
- Most of central Mongolia including the capital Ulaanbaatar.
- Peninsular Malaysia.
- Western part of Borneo Island including the western part of Sarawak, Malaysia.
Areas between 82°30′ E and 97°30′ E ("physical" UTC+06)
- Parts of China, including most of Xinjiang province (although most locals observe UTC+06 even if it is officially UTC+08) and most of Tibet.
- Western Mongolia.
Areas between 67°30′ E and 82°30′ E ("physical" UTC+05)
- Parts of western China including western Xinjiang province (although most locals observe UTC+06 even if it is officially UTC+08).
Read in another language
This page is available in 40 languages
- Беларуская (тарашкевіца)
- Bahasa Indonesia
- Bahasa Melayu
- Norsk bokmål
- Simple English
- Српски / srpski
- Srpskohrvatski / српскохрватски
- Tiếng Việt