||This article's lead section may not adequately summarize key points of its contents. (April 2009)|
|Genres||Power metal, Hard rock|
|Past members||Mikko Naukkarinen|
Twilightning formed in 1998, consisting of guitarists Tommi Sartanen and Ville Wallenius, bassist Jussi Kainulainen, and drummer Juha Leskinen, with Tommi also on vocals. After releasing their first demo in 1999, they were joined by keyboardist Mikko Naukkarinen. Following the release of their second demo in 2001, Heikki Pöyhiä joined as lead singer. With this reinforced lineup, they release a third demo, which demonstrated their heavy influence from 1980s heavy metal. Thanks to the interest this stirred, the group signed to Spinefarm Records, releasing their debut Delirium Veil in 2003, which drew comparisons to Edguy, Stratovarius, and Sonata Arctica. They followed that up by releasing Plague-House Puppet Show in 2004, and the EP Bedlam in 2006. Shortly after the release of Bedlam, Mikko Naukkarinen left the band.
The latest release by Twilightning was Swinelords, released in 2007. It departed significantly from the distinctive power metal sounds of their previous releases, drifting more into the 80s hard rock genre. It features more relaxed vocals and guitar work, as well as a lesser extent of keyboards compared to previous albums.
On June 8, 2009, Twilightning posted on its website that the band is no longer. There was no motivation left in the band and no other reasons were posted.
- Heikki Pöyhiä - vocals (2001–2009)
- Tommi Sartanen - guitar, vocals (1998–2009)
- Ville Wallenius - guitar (1998–2009)
- Jussi Kainulainen - bass (1998–2009)
- Juha Leskinen - drums (1998–2009)
- Mikko Naukkarinen - keyboards (1999–2006)
- Biography at Rocknoise.de. (German) Accessed September 25, 2007.
- Review of Delirium Veil, Metal Covenant. Accessed September 25, 2007.
- Discography at Allmusic.com
- Biography at MetalStorm.com
- CD review on Metalcrypt.com
- Discography at MetalStorm.com
|This article on a heavy metal musician or group is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|