Initially named Timmarusu Kota, after the poet Timmarusu, one of the AsthaDiggajaalu (eight poets) under Srikrishna Devaraayalu, the name changed over time to Tummercode, then Tummurukota, before finally being called Tumrukota.This village was also ruled under Moghal's king Orungajebu.Lot of evidences are.After Moghal period the French government ruled than came british government.here also orungajebu built a historical Majid' like charminar and saisavalidarga and historical kota .it is near to nagarjuna sagar.this village having elementary school,urdu school,z.p.h school and 2-3 primary schools also.This is greatness for Tumrukota.
This village always comes into the picture especially when elections takes place. This comes under Macherla constituency for MLA poll and comes under Narasaraopeta for MP poll. Around 4,000 voters are there in this village. This village became base station for TDP (Telugudesam Party founded in 1982 by NTR) since its inception.
Yadlapalli Ramana is the "Sarpanch" of the village since March 2009.
- Pinnelli Ramakrishna Reddy (From June 2012) (Y S R Congress)
- Pinnelli Ramakrishna Reddy (2009-2012) (Congress)
- Pinnelli Lakshma Reddy (2004–2009) (Congress)
- Julakanti Durgamba (1999–2004) (TDP)
- Kurri Punnareddy (1994–1999) (TDP)
- Nimmagadd Sivaram Krishna (1989–1994) (TDP)
- Nattuva Krishna (1985–1989) (Congress)
- Korrapati Subbarao (1983–1985) (TDP and TDP(NB))
Agriculture is the profession of every family almost. As it is residing on the bank of Krishna river, almost all the fields are covered with irrigation facility. Paddy, Cotton and Chilli are the leading crops. And most of the families are into part of milk business by selling milk in milk centers. Daily around 30 cans (every can has capacity around 50Lts) of milk is being transported to different dairies i.e.Sangam dairy etc. It is very pleasant to see the entire village in green in spring season.
There are nearly 4 Elementary schools and one High school (Telugu and English) in Tumrukota. There are 200 pupil in High school. This school is being effected by private schools in Rentachintala.The H.M of this school is Sri. G. Venkateswarao (H.M and MEO). Two of these schools students were selected for IIIT (Nuzivid).
Well connected with Macherla which is just about 20 km away (9 km from another route). APSRTC does runs buses from Macherla.
There are two routes from Macherla as follows:
1) Via Kambhampadu, PaluvaiGate, PaluvaiJunction and Paluvai. APSRTC buses uses this route.
2) Via JammalaMadaka
Bus Route from Guntur:
1) Catch any bus which goes to Macherla( there is a bus service from Guntur to Macherla for every 15 minutes) and get down at Paluvai Junction. It will take 3 hours time generally (around 115 km).
2) From Paluvai Junction , there will be many autos all the times or You can wait for bus which will come from Macherla. (just 7 kilometers from here, usually 15 mins time it ll take)
Bus Route from Hyderabad:
1) Catch the any bus which goes via Macherla. (around 170 km, usually it takes 4 hours time)
2) From Macherla, there is bus facility to this village. (see the above para for details)
The RajeevGandhi international Airport, Hyderabad is just about 190 km away from the village if you want to fly.
Things you must notice
It is known for temples where you find all the religious temples.
- Raamalayam, Sivaalayam, Venugopalaswamy Temple, Hanuman Temple, Veerabrahmendra swamy temple, Mutyalamma Temples, Mosque (which is built in older centuries), Saisavali Durga and Christ Church.
- Krishna River
- Forest after the Village
- Krishna river flowing adjacent to forest
- NTR statue
- Naaparaayi(one kind of stone) Quarry
- http://projects.cgg.gov.in/dsemis/School.do?&mgtcode=1&schlcode=0702013&count=2 ,mandal and district details
- http://ceoandhra.nic.in/final_pdf_2008.html, select district guntur and macherla as constituency, find the details for Tumrukota
|This article about a location in Andhra Pradesh is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language