Trixy G 4-2 R
|G 4-2 R|
|Manufacturer||Trixy Aviation Products|
|Status||In production (2013)|
|Unit cost||€60,000 (2011)|
The Trixy G 4-2 R ("Gyro For Two powered by Rotax") is an Austrian autogyro, designed and produced by Trixy Aviation Products of Dornbirn. The aircraft was introduced at the Aero show held in Friedrichshafen in 2011 and is supplied as a complete ready-to-fly-aircraft.
Design and development
The G 4-2 R features a single main rotor, a two-seats-in tandem enclosed cockpit, tricycle landing gear and a four cylinder, air and liquid-cooled, four-stroke, dual-ignition 100 hp (75 kW) Rotax 912S engine in pusher configuration. The 95 hp (71 kW) ULPower UL260i powerplant is optional.
The aircraft fuselage is made with a stainless steel tube frame; the cockpit is formed from carbon fibre. Its 8.4 m (27.6 ft) diameter two-bladed aluminium Averso rotor employs a NACA 8H12 airfoil and has a 1500 hour time between overhaul. For safety the 35 litres (7.7 imp gal; 9.2 US gal) fuel tank incorporates ME Rin anti-explosion technology. A second fuel tank of the same capacity can be optionally added. Baggage capacity is two 21 litres (4.6 imp gal; 5.5 US gal) compartments. The aircraft has an empty weight of 262 kg (578 lb) and a gross weight of 450 kg (992 lb), giving a useful load of 188 kg (414 lb).
Specifications (G 4-2 R)
- Crew: one
- Capacity: one passenger
- Length: 4.90 m (16 ft 1 in)
- Width: 1.88 m (6 ft 2 in)
- Height: 2.80 m (9 ft 2 in)
- Airfoil: NACA 8H12
- Empty weight: 262 kg (578 lb)
- Gross weight: 450 kg (992 lb)
- Fuel capacity: 35 litres (7.7 imp gal; 9.2 US gal) standard, 70 litres (15 imp gal; 18 US gal) optional
- Powerplant: 1 × Rotax 912ULS four cylinder, liquid and air-cooled, four stroke aircraft engine, 75 kW (101 hp)
- Main rotor diameter: 8.4 m (27 ft 7 in)
- Propellers: 3-bladed Woodcomp constant speed propeller
- Maximum speed: 185 km/h (115 mph; 100 kn)
- Cruising speed: 160 km/h (99 mph; 86 kn)
- Service ceiling: 4,570 m (14,993 ft)
- Bayerl, Robby; Martin Berkemeier; et al: World Directory of Leisure Aviation 2011-12, page 187. WDLA UK, Lancaster UK, 2011. ISSN 1368-485X
- Trixy Aviation Products (2012). "G 4-2 R". Retrieved 20 January 2013.