Trinity Village, California
|— census-designated place —|
|• Total||4.013 sq mi (10.395 km2)|
|• Land||4.013 sq mi (10.395 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2) 0%|
|Elevation||1,289 ft (393 m)|
|• Density||74/sq mi ( 29/km2)|
|Time zone||Pacific (PST) (UTC-8)|
|• Summer (DST)||PDT (UTC-7)|
|GNIS feature ID||2611452|
|U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Trinity Village, California|
Trinity Village is a census-designated place (CDP) in Trinity County, California. Trinity Village sits at an elevation of 1,289 feet (393 m). The 2010 United States census reported Trinity Village's population was 297.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP covers an area of 4.0 square miles (10.4 km²), all of it land.
The 2010 United States Census reported that Trinity Village had a population of 297. The population density was 74.0 people per square mile (28.6/km²). The racial makeup of Trinity Village was 269 (90.6%) White, 1 (0.3%) African American, 18 (6.1%) Native American, 0 (0.0%) Asian, 0 (0.0%) Pacific Islander, 0 (0.0%) from other races, and 9 (3.0%) from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 4 persons (1.3%).
The Census reported that 297 people (100% of the population) lived in households, 0 (0%) lived in non-institutionalized group quarters, and 0 (0%) were institutionalized.
There were 137 households, out of which 24 (17.5%) had children under the age of 18 living in them, 65 (47.4%) were opposite-sex married couples living together, 9 (6.6%) had a female householder with no husband present, 6 (4.4%) had a male householder with no wife present. There were 10 (7.3%) unmarried opposite-sex partnerships, and 1 (0.7%) same-sex married couples or partnerships. 44 households (32.1%) were made up of individuals and 16 (11.7%) had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.17. There were 80 families (58.4% of all households); the average family size was 2.64.
The population was spread out with 37 people (12.5%) under the age of 18, 14 people (4.7%) aged 18 to 24, 51 people (17.2%) aged 25 to 44, 126 people (42.4%) aged 45 to 64, and 69 people (23.2%) who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 54.0 years. For every 100 females there were 109.2 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 106.3 males.
There were 274 housing units at an average density of 68.3 per square mile (26.4/km²), of which 108 (78.8%) were owner-occupied, and 29 (21.2%) were occupied by renters. The homeowner vacancy rate was 7.6%; the rental vacancy rate was 3.3%. 246 people (82.8% of the population) lived in owner-occupied housing units and 51 people (17.2%) lived in rental housing units.
- U.S. Census
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Trinity Village, California
- All data are derived from the United States Census Bureau reports from the 2010 United States Census, and are accessible on-line here. The data on unmarried partnerships and same-sex married couples are from the Census report DEC_10_SF1_PCT15. All other housing and population data are from Census report DEC_10_DP_DPDP1. Both reports are viewable online or downloadable in a zip file containing a comma-delimited data file. The area data, from which densities are calculated, are available on-line here. Percentage totals may not add to 100% due to rounding. The Census Bureau defines families as a household containing one or more people related to the householder by birth, opposite-sex marriage, or adoption. People living in group quarters are tabulated by the Census Bureau as neither owners nor renters. For further details, see the text files accompanying the data files containing the Census reports mentioned above.
- "Senators". State of California. Retrieved March 10, 2013.
- "Members Assembly". State of California. Retrieved March 2, 2013.
- "California's 2nd Congressional District - Representatives & District Map". Civic Impulse, LLC. Retrieved March 1, 2013.
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language