Tinton Falls School District
|Tinton Falls School District|
|Superintendent:||John P. Russo|
|Business Administrator:||Tamar Sydney-Gens|
|Address:||658 Tinton Avenue
Tinton Falls, NJ 07724
|Enrollment:||1,589 (as of 2009-10)|
|Faculty (in FTEs):||131|
|District Factor Group:||GH|
| %± vs.
|10||Operations & Maintenance||1,515||55||1,462||3.6%|
|16||Median Teacher Salary||57,430||61||54,453|
|Data from NJDoE 2009 Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending.
*Of K-8 districts with 751+ students. Lowest spending=1; Highest=88
The Tinton Falls School District is a regional elementary school district in Monmouth County, New Jersey. Students in grades K through 8 attending the three schools in the district. Tinton Falls students make up almost the entire school, and parents from Tinton Falls make up all but one position on the Board of Education. Other students come from the neighboring community of Shrewsbury Township. Additional enrollment in the district comes from children residing at Naval Weapons Station Earle.
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "GH", the third highest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
Students in public school for grades 9 to 12 attend Monmouth Regional High School, located in Tinton Falls. The school serves students from Eatontown, Shrewsbury Township and Tinton Falls. Students also come from the military installations of Fort Monmouth and Naval Weapons Station Earle.
Board of education
As of 2011[update], the Board of Education President is Peter Karavites (2011) and Ken Hager (2013) is the Vice President. Other board members are Nicole Alfano (2012), Susan Fisher (2013), Paul Ford (Appointed in September 2010 to an unexpired seat), Bill Holobowski (2013), Tracey Johnson (2011), Rob Mauro (2012) and Steven Schertz (2011). Shrewsbury Township is represented with one seat out of nine on the district's board of education.
Awards and recognition
In 2004, Mahala F. Atchison School was designated as a Governor's School of Excellence. Tinton Falls Middle School earned that designation in 2005. Additionally all three schools have won numerous Best Practices awards.
- Elementary schools
- Mahala F. Atchison School Grades: K-3 (707 students)
- Mary Polese - Principal
- Swimming River School Grades: 4-5 (351 students)
- Dr. Marion Lamberti - Principal
- Middle school
- Tinton Falls Middle School Grades: 6-8 (526 students)
- David Hallman - Principal
- John P. Russo, Superintendent
- Tamar Sydney-Gens, Business Administrator / Board Secretary
- District information for the Tinton Falls School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed August 1, 2012.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- 2010 CHILD FIND PRESCHOOL IDENTIFICATION, Tinton Falls School District. Accessed March 21, 2011. "The assessments and the program are free to the children of Tinton Falls, Shrewsbury Township, and Earle Naval Weapons Station."
- NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed October 27, 2009.
- Monmouth Regional High School 2011 Report Card Narrative, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed August 1, 2012. "Pupils attending reside in the Monmouth County communities of Eatontown, Shrewsbury Township, and Tinton Falls. In addition, some students come from the military facility of Earle Naval Weapons Station."
- Board of Education, Tinton Falls School District. Accessed March 21, 2011.
- School Board Election, Tinton Falls School District. Accessed March 21, 2011. "This year 4 seats will need to be filled on the Tinton Falls School Board. There are 2 - 3 year terms for Tinton Falls, 1 - 1 year unexpired term for Tinton Falls, and 1 - 3 year term for Shrewsbury Township."
- 2004 Governor’s School of Excellence Award recipients, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed September 6, 2007.
- Gov. Codey, DOE Announce Governor’s Schools of Excellence Award Winners, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed September 6, 2007.
- Data for the Tinton Falls School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed August 1, 2012.
- Administrative Offices, Tinton Falls School District. Accessed March 21, 2011.
- Monmouth County School Directory, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed November 5, 2009.
- Tinton Falls School District
- Tinton Falls School District's 2010–11 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- Data for the Tinton Falls School District, National Center for Education Statistics