Tinted Windows (band)
The group performs at the Black Cat in August 2009
|Origin||New York City|
|Genres||Power pop, alternative rock, pop punk|
|Associated acts||The Smashing Pumpkins, Cheap Trick, A Perfect Circle, Fountains of Wayne, Ivy, Hanson|
Bun E. Carlos
Tinted Windows is an American rock supergroup formed by guitarist James Iha, previously of The Smashing Pumpkins, singer Taylor Hanson of Hanson, bassist Adam Schlesinger of Fountains of Wayne and Ivy, and Bun E. Carlos of Cheap Trick. Josh Lattanzi also often performs with the band as the second guitarist. This new project will run alongside all the artists' main bands. The first performance by the band was on March 18, 2009 at Cain's Ballroom in Tulsa, Oklahoma in a small show at the side-stage. Tickets sold out quickly and people flew from all over the world to see the debut. The band made their South by Southwest Festival debut in Austin, Texas on Friday, March 20, 2009 at the Levi/Fader Fort, followed by a set at Pangaea. The band also played at The Bamboozle music festival in New Jersey on May 3, 2009.
On February 19, 2009, it was announced that the band signed with S-Curve Records, the label best known for releasing such acts as Joss Stone, Fountains of Wayne and Tom Jones. Their self-titled album Tinted Windows was released on April 21, 2009.
On February 24, the band digitally released, through their website and on Rolling Stone magazine's website, their debut single "Kind of a Girl" alongside a promotional video, with a segment from a fictional music show Rock After Dark. They performed the song on Late Show with David Letterman on April 21. They performed on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon on April 24. Syndicated FM radio, ranging from metal programs to Little Steven Van Zandt's Underground Garage, continued playing multiple cuts from the album through 2009.
Tinted Windows played concerts in the US in June, August and September 2009, and in Japan in January 2010. Nothing further has been announced.
- "Tinted Windows show sells out fast". Tulsa World. 2008-02-27.
- "SXSW 2009 ARTIST ALERT: Tinted Windows". Yahoo! Music. 2008-03-21.
- "SXSW interview discussing the formation of Tinted Windows". Roxwel.com. Retrieved 2011-07-22.
- "Bamboozle unveils lineups/days". Punknews.org. 2008-02-06. Retrieved 2008-02-18.
- Newman, Melinda (2009-02-20). "Breaking: Taylor Hanson's new band, Tinted Windows, signs to S-Curve". Hitfix.com. Retrieved 2011-07-22.
- "WTF: Members of Smashing Pumpkins, Hanson, Cheap Trick, and Fountains of Wayne Form Band". Pitchforkmedia.com. Retrieved 2011-07-22.
- "Breaking: Tinted Windows". Rolling Stone. April 15, 2009. Retrieved 2009-04-22.
- Graff, Gary (April 16, 2009). "Tinted Windows Ready To Hit The Road". Billboard. Retrieved 2009-04-22.
- Official website
- Official MySpace
- Tinted Windows SXSW Interview
- Taylor Hanson discusses Hanson and Tinted Windows on Huffington Post
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language