Thomas Wedgwood IV
|This article relies on references to primary sources. (January 2011)|
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (January 2011)|
Wedgwood was the son of the potter Thomas Wedgwood III and his wife Mary Stringer. He married twice, first to Isabell Beech (1722-1750), who had five children, two of whom died in infancy.
with Isabell Beech:
- Thomas Wedgwood V (c. 1744-1786), master potter of the Overhouse, from whom descends the famous ceramic designer Clarice Cliff.
- John Wedgwood (born and died 1746)
- Catherine Wedgwood (1748-1750)
- Sarah Wedgwood (1774-1856) married (1) John Taylor (2) the Reverend John Richardson
- Mary Wedgwood (1750-?) married Josiah Wood.
Wedgwood married again in 1752 to Jane Richards (1715-1785) and they had three children:
- William Wedgwood (1755-1837) of Bournehayes Gentleman.
- John Wedgwood (1758-1782)
- Jane (?-?)
Wedgwood was the principal heir of Katherine Wedgwood Egerton (1682/1683-1705) a very rich widow, who was his first cousin once removed, their shared ancestor being Thomas Wedgwood I.
↑Jump back a section
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language