The Ultimate Fighter: Team Carwin vs. Team Nelson Finale
|The Ultimate Fighter: Team Carwin vs. Team Nelson|
|Date||December 15, 2012|
|Venue||Hard Rock Hotel and Casino|
|City||Las Vegas, Nevada, USA|
The Ultimate Fighter: Team Carwin vs. Team Nelson Finale was a mixed martial arts event held by the Ultimate Fighting Championship on December 15, 2012 at the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada.
Melvin Guillard and Jamie Varner were scheduled to appear on the main card. However, Varner fell ill the day of the event and the bout was scrapped from the card. The bout was rescheduled for December 29, 2012, and took place at UFC 155.
|Main Card (FX)|
|Heavyweight||Roy Nelson||def||Matt Mitrione||TKO (punches)||1||2:58|
|Welterweight||Colton Smith||def.||Mike Ricci||Decision (unanimous) (30-27, 30-27, 30-26)||3||5:00||Note 1|
|Heavyweight||Pat Barry||def.||Shane del Rosario||KO (punches)||2||0:26|
|Featherweight||Dustin Poirier||def.||Jonathan Brookins||Submission (d'arce choke)||1||4:15|
|Preliminary Card (Fuel TV)|
|Welterweight||Mike Pyle||def.||James Head||TKO (knee and punches)||1||1:55|
|Bantamweight||Johnny Bedford||def.||Marcos Vinicius||KO (punches)||2||1:00|
|Lightweight||Rustam Khabilov||def.||Vinc Pichel||KO (suplex and punches)||1||2:15|
|Welterweight||TJ Waldburger||def.||Nick Catone||Technical submission (triangle choke)||2||1:04|
|Preliminary Card (Facebook)|
|Bantamweight||Hugo Viana||def.||Reuben Duran||KO (punch)||1||4:05|
|Lightweight||Mike Rio||def.||John Cofer||Submission (armbar)||3||4:11|
|Flyweight||Tim Elliott||def.||Jared Papazian||Decision (unanimous) (30-25, 30-25, 30-26)||3||5:00|
- Fight of the Night: Tim Elliott vs. Jared Papazian
- Knockout of the Night: Pat Barry
- Submission of the Night: TJ Waldburger
The following is the reported payout to the fighters as reported to the Nevada State Athletic Commission. It does not include sponsor money and also does not include the UFC's traditional "fight night" bonuses.
- Roy Nelson: $48,000 (includes $24,000 win bonus) def. Matt Mitrione: $12,000
- Colton Smith: $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus) def. Mike Ricci: $8,000
- Pat Barry: $44,000 (includes $22,000 win bonus) def. Shane del Rosario: $20,000
- Melvin Guillard: $42,000 vs. Jamie Varner: $12,000 ^
- Dustin Poirier: $34,000 (includes $17,000 win bonus) def. Jonathan Brookins: $20,000
- Mike Pyle: $78,000 (includes $39,000 win bonus) def. James Head: $12,000
- Johnny Bedford: $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus) def. Marcos Vinicius: $8,000
- Rustam Khabilov: $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus) def. Vinc Pichel: $8,000
- T.J. Waldburger: $28,000 (includes $14,000 win bonus) def. Nick Catone: $13,000
- Hugo Viana: $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus) def. Reuben Duran: $8,000
- Mike Rio: $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus) def. John Cofer: $8,000
- Tim Elliott: $12,000 (includes $6,000 win bonus) def. Jared Papazian: $6,000
^ Fight did not take place as Varner became ill a few hours before the event. Both fighters were paid "show money".
- Staff (2012-12-16). "TUF 16 Finale draws announced attendance of 2,500 for $318,525 gate". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved 2012-12-16.
- Staff (2012-08-30). "TUF 16 Finale, not UFC on FX 6, slated for Dec. 15 in Las Vegas". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved 2012-08-30.
- Okamoto, Brett (2012-11-15). "Sources: Mitrione replaces Carwin". ESPN.com. Retrieved 2012-11-15.
- "Illness forces Jamie Varner out of Melvin Guillard fight". mmafighting.com. December 15, 2012.
- "LIVE NOW! UFC TUF 16 RESULTS: ‘NELSON VS. MITRIONE’ PLAY-BY-PLAY & UPDATES". Sherdog.com. 2012-12-15. Retrieved 2012-12-15.
- Erickson, Matt (2012-12-15). "TUF 16 Finale bonuses: Barry, Waldburger, Elliott, Papazian get $40K each". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved 2012-12-15.
- Staff (2012-12-17). "The Ultimate Fighter 16 Finale salaries: Pyle, Nelson, Barry get top paydays". MMAjunkie.com. Retrieved 2012-12-17.