The Roaring Twenties (band)
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for music. (August 2010)|
|The Roaring Twenties|
|Origin||London and Brighton, England|
|Labels||Snakes & Ladders Records|
The Roaring Twenties (also The RTs) are an English four piece art rock/new wave band from London and Brighton formed in 2003 at Sussex University. The band forms part of the New Cross 'scene' of bands, identified by NME in 2005.
The Roaring Twenties released a limited edition EP Fun Before the Crash and had two tracks included in early 2006 on Snakes & Ladders Records' label sampler S&LCD001. In December 2006 the label will release the band's first single.
The Roaring Twenties have been reviewed in several underground music fanzines and magazines including ArtRocker, Maps (online), I Think You'll Find That's Fireworks (online), Lobster Quadrille and Antenna. The band have also had tracks played on ArtRocker's weekly radio programme on London's Resonance FM and BBC Radio 1's Best of Unsigned programme with Huw Stephens.
"...with great certainty one would expect to hear a lot more from these bands and this label in the coming years." 
"The Roaring Twenties...bring to mind much underrated Americans Moving Units with their elastic punk-funk sound"
- Fun Before the Crash EP - (limited release, 2004)
- TBC - Snakes & Ladders Records S&LCD006 (to be released December 2006)
- A to Markworthy - On Snakes & Ladders Records compilation 'S&LCD001' (March 6)
- The Odd Couple - On Snakes & Ladders Records compilation 'S&LCD001' (March 6)
- A to Markworthy - On ArtRocker covermount compilation 'DIY Labels 2' (August 6)
- The Odd Couple - On Lobster Quadrille Magazine covermount compilation (October 6)