The Real McCoy (TV series)
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (December 2008)|
|The Real McCoy|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|Running time||30 minutes|
|Original channel||BBC 2|
UK comedy stars that featured in the series included: the comedy double-act of Curtis and Ishmael, Collette Johnson, Llewella Gideon, British Asian standup Meera Syal, Perry Benson, Sanjeev Bhaskar, Leo Chester,Felix Dexter, Robbie Gee, Kulvinder Ghir, Judith Jacob, Rudi Lickwood, Eddie Nestor, Marcus Powell, Junior Simpson and Curtis Walker and Jo Martin.
The producer of the first two series, Charlie Hanson, was the co-founder of the Black Theatre Co-operative and had produced No Problem! and Desmond's before creating The Real McCoy. He was working with Curtis and Ishmael on the 291 Club at the Hackney Empire and suggested making a television version, but instead, the BBC opted for a totally new sketch series, launching The Real McCoy.
- Brian Logan (2010-04-13). "Meet black comedy's trailblazers | Stage". London: The Guardian. Retrieved 2012-02-23.
- "Campaigners want Islamic extremist comic banned from stage show". Daily Mail (London).
- "The Real McCoy reunite at the Hackney Empire - Time Out London". Timeout.com. Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- "Ariel - What is the legacy of The Real McCoy?". Bbc.co.uk. 2012-05-01. Retrieved 2012-11-21.
- "Bring back the Real McCoy". The Voice Online. Retrieved 2012-11-21.