The Quarry at La Quinta
Coordinates: The Quarry at La Quinta is a private golf club and gated residential community situated at the base of the Santa Rosa Mountains and Coral Mountains in La Quinta, California. Its scenic eighteen-hole golf course, designed in 1994 by Tom Fazio, features 7,083 yards from the longest tees for a par of 72. The course rating is 73.7 with a slope rating of 135 on Bermuda grass. The championship layout features four sets of teeboxes for golfers of all skill levels.
Generally acknowledged as one of the best of the renowned Fazio courses, it is ranked as one of the "top 10 exclusive country clubs" in California by Southland Golf magazine and is ranked by Golf Digest as one of America's 100 Greatest Golf Courses, ranking 44th in 2009 and 47th in 2007/2008.
The club's facilities include a clubhouse dining room, pro shop, fitness center/health spa, swimming pool, tennis courts and course-side guest cottages. Practice facilities include an 18-hole putting course and a 10-hole short course measuring 1,648 yards. The club was started by a few PGA West members who wanted to establish a more exclusive venue.
- "Top 10 Exclusive Country Clubs", Southland Golf Magazine, Retrieved November 8, 2008
- America's 100 Greatest Golf Courses/2009-10, Golf Digest, accessed April 8, 2009
- America's 100 Greatest Golf Courses/2007-08, Golf Digest, May 2007
- Swanson, Mirjam (April 13, 2005),"The Quarry stacks up with America's best". The Press-Enterprise
- A look inside the gates at Southern California's most prestigious country clubs, By Joel Beers, Southland Golf, August, 2007
|This golf club or course-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Southern California location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|