The Glasshouse (hotel)
|Glasshouse hotel looking up to Calton Hill|
|Opening date||June, 2003|
|Management||The Eton Collection|
|Owner||JJW Hotels & Resorts|
The Glasshouse hotel in Edinburgh opened in June 2003 and is located on Greenside Place, next to the Playhouse Theatre. The hotel is on the edge of Edinburgh's New Town build into the 150 year old façade of Lady Glenorchy Church. The hotel has 69 bedrooms (of which 2 are suites) and two acre roof terrace. Notable guests include Westlife, Meryl Streep, Kelly Osbourne, Goldfrapp, Atomic Kitten, White Stripes, Steven Berkoff, Snow Patrol, Chuck Berry, Dennis Quaid, Annie Lennox, Kylie Minogue and Ben Elton.
The Glasshouse has won the following awards:
- "One of the top 50 hottest hotels in the world" by Condé Nast Traveler magazine
- Winner of the "Most Stylish Hotel" by the Scottish Style Awards
- Winner of the "Most Sexiest Hotel in Scotland' by Hotel Review Scotland
- Voted "Best hotel to get naked in" by Opodo
- Winner of The Scottish Hotel Design Award by Hotel Review Scotland
- Awarded as "Top 1% of hotels in the world" by Expedia
- Louise Bozec (May 28, 2003). "Edinburgh's Glasshouse is a first for Eton Group". The Caterer. Retrieved 2003-05-28.
- John Gibson (February 28, 2008). "Well it was sexy enough for Kylie and Annie...". The Scotsman. Retrieved 2008-02-28.
|This article about a hotel or resort in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|