TheBus (Prince George's County)
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2011)|
|Service area||Prince George's County, Maryland|
|Service type||bus service|
TheBus is a bus transportation system serving Prince George's County, Maryland, providing weekday-only service. There are 26 bus routes, with most operating between Washington Metro stations in the county, with two routes running to Upper Marlboro. The fare is $1.25, but seniors (age 60+), the disabled, one child under 5 years old, and students (between 2:00PM and 7:00PM) ride free. On October 13, 2008, TheBus began accepting payment using SmarTrip regional farecards.
As of October 2012, the fleet consists of the following:
- Gillig Phantom 35' (2006)
- Gillig Low Floor (Advantage) 35' (2008–2012)
- Gillig Low Floor (Advantage) 29' (2012)
- 11- Greenbelt Station to Mandan Rd.
- 12- West Hyattsville Station to Mt Rainier/Chillum.
- 13- West Hyattsville Station to 42nd Ave.
- 14- Prince George's Plaza Station to College Park Station.
- 15 Express- Greenbelt Station to New Carrollton Station
- 16- New Carrollton Station to Hanover Pkwy.
- 17- Mt Rainier to Ikea Way.
- 18- Langley Park to Addison Rd.
- 20- Addison Rd. Station to County Administration Building
- 21- New Carrollton Station to Equestrian Center
- 21 Express- New Carrollton Station to Prince George's Community College
- 22 Morgan Blvd. Station to Chastfield Way
- 23 Addison Rd. Station to Village Dr.
- 24 District Heights Municipal Building to Morgan Blvd. Station
- 25 Capital Heights Station to Highview Place
- 26 Largo Town Centre to Prince George's Community College
- 27 Landover Station to Hubbard Rd.
- 28 Basil Court to Largo Town Centre Station
- 30 Branch Ave. Station to Clinton Park & Ride
- 32 Clinton Park & Ride to Temple Hill Rd.
- 33 Padgett's Corner Center to Temple Hill Rd.
- 34 Suitland Station to Capital Crossing
- 35 Southern Ave Metro Station to National Habor
- 51 Upper Marlboro to Chrysler Building
- 52 Equestrian Center to Courthouse Shuttle
- 53 Upper Marlboro to John Rodger Blvd.
- "TheBus: Routes and Schedules". Prince George's County government. Retrieved 2008-12-06.
- "Public Notice". Prince George's County government. Retrieved 2008-12-06.
- "Public Notice: Prince George's County TheBus will begin using new fareboxes...". Prince George's County government. 2008. Retrieved 2008-12-06.
|This bus-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article relating to the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|