Template talk:Modern aerobatic teams
|WikiProject Aviation / Air sports||(Rated Template-class)|
I've been thinking of changing up the template a bit - I'd like to somehow incorporate the nationality of each team into the picture more obviously. I also feel that as the template grows it's getting difficult to read (too much text). I'm thereby trying to think of a way of incorporating flags into the template, but I don't see a good way of doing it that doesn't take up too much room.
- Putting one country on each line will take up too much space
- Putting the flag both before and after each set of teams will take up some space, and will look confusing with flags back-to-back, also too many flags detract from the point of the template.
- Opening flags only (i.e. at the beginning of each nation) might be confusing, but this is what I'm leaning towards right now.
- One small flag before the relevant entry (and after the "|"). Isn't this done in some other templates? -- ALoan (Talk) 11:34, 26 Jan 2005 (UTC)
I have made a few small changes:
- I have made the main list one line: originally, it was in two lines with no clear distinction between the entries on each line; whether the lines were the right length depended on screen width;
- I have alphabetised: having USAF and AAC/RAF first must be POV;
- I've changed the format slightly, so each team is on a separate line, so the list is easier to extend.
Comments? -- ALoan (Talk) 10:40, 24 Jan 2005 (UTC)
- The revisions are great! I've been meaning to alphabetize but have been merely too lazy :-) -Lommer | talk 03:41, 25 Jan 2005 (UTC)