Tayo the Little Bus
|Tayo the Little Bus|
|Country of origin||South Korea|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||26 per season|
|Producer(s)||Educational Broadcasting System
|Running time||15 minutes per episode|
|Original channel||Disney Channel (Asia)
Disney Junior (Asia)
Disney Junior (Korea)
Disney Junior (UK)
Educational Broadcasting System
|Original run||2010– present|
|Official website (English)|
Tayo the Little Bus (Hangul: 꼬마버스 타요; RR: Kko-ma-beo-seu Ta-yo) is a South Korean computer-generated animated television series created by Educational Broadcasting System, Iconix Entertainment, and Seoul. The Korean-dubbed series began airing on EBS in 2010 and the English-dubbed series aired on Disney Junior (Asia) in 2012. The latter is also scheduled to air on Disney Channel (Asia) in 2013.
The series is about the exciting adventures of a little bus who is just starting to learn his route in a busy city. It is full of characters who will capture children's imaginations there are buses, taxis, police cars, trains, and construction equipment. These great characters combined with the educational messages learned from Tayo's daily adventures in the busy city centre are sure to make for a viewing experience which is at once enjoyable and beneficial. Every day, Tayo has a new adventure, often making mistakes and learning to overcome them with the help of friends such as Rogi, the sociable green bus, Lani, the cheerful yellow bus, the diligent Gani, and many others. He grows with each experience, as he slowly becomes a mature bus at the heart of the metropolitan transit system.
- Tayo is a playful blue bus and can sometimes be mischievous. He is Rogi's best friend and likes to fight with him. However, Lani used to make them up. He is the only bus that likes to fart.
- Rogi is Tayo's best friend and sometimes likes to fight with Tayo. However, Lani used to make them up. Rogi is a funny and mischievous green bus. He is usually teased as a sleepyhead.
- Lani is a cheerful yellow bus who cannot stand arguments. She used to make Tayo and Rogi up. She is also very kind. In the episode "The Best Heavy Equipment", she is revealed by Tayo that she snores the loudest. However, she is sensitive.
- Gani is a hardworking, warm-hearted, and shy red bus who has Wondie's memory chip. Wondie was Hana's best friend but had to be scrapped in the past.
- Citu is a double decker tour bus who takes the little buses to the garage.
- Nuri is a calm taxi girl who first met Tayo in the episode "A Day in the Life of Tayo". She is really nice to Tayo and his friends.
- Hana is a mechanic who takes care of the little buses and works in the repair shop.
- Rookie is a police officer who sometimes goofs up with his job because he is new to it.
- Pat is an experienced police car who is always serious in working.
- Speedy is a red car who likes to go really fast.
- Shine is an overproud yellow car who likes to show off.
- Toto is a yellow tow truck who is really responsible with his job.
- Toni is a little truck who obeys traffic laws and likes to teach other cars about traffic laws. In the episode "I Want New Tires", he was so busy teaching other cars about traffic laws that she got lost and late delivering Tayo's new tires to the garage.
- Alice is an ambulance who works in a hospital who likes to work with Frank when there is a fire but likes to fight with him.
- Frank is a fire truck who works with Alice when there is a fire. He is serious about his job and likes to fight with Alice.
- Big is a big container truck who delivers goods to the airport to be sent overseas.
- Billy is a bulldozer who works at the construction site with Poco, Chris, and Max.
- Poco is an excavator who digs a dirt. He works at the construction site with Billy, Chris, and Max.
- Chris is a cement truck who works at the construction site with Billy, Poco, and Max.
- Max is a dump truck who carries away dirt. He works at the construction site with Billy, Poco, and Chris.
- Vroomy (Ratch) is a clumsy mini truck who is always careful of the roads.
- Preschool Bus is a bus who was break down when he goes to the picnic.
- Met is a subway train who likes to help Rogi to stop hiccupping.
- KTX is a high-speed train who likes going fast. He appears in "Speeding Is Dangerous" and "Good Friends".
- Joey the Magician is a magician who appears in the episode "Joey the Magician".
- Fire Ball is a superhero who appears in the episode "Nuri Is a Superstar". He is also disguised as the Car Thief.
- Princess Ray is the princess of Planet Clover and is chased by Bully. She appeared only in the episode "Tayo's Space Adventure".
- Bully is a space pirate and a main antagonist who appeared in the episode "Tayo's Space Adventure".
- Wondie is an old blue bus who was scrapped.
|South Korea||United Kingdom|