Updated history with a couple more sources. Dates should not conflict any longer. Street, Avenue, etc all spelled out now. Community box axed and integrated in article. Think it looks good, but if someone wants to re-read and remove attention flag, that would be great! Thanks. -Airtuna08 (talk) 18:17, 26 February 2008 (UTC)
- IIRC, both Airmont and Monsey were in the communities box - neither is mentioned in the route description. The history is still wrong - the source given says nothing about NY 59 being formed in 1924. And, the most glaring issue to me, the prose in both sections is still incredibly choppy. The route description in particular is unbelievably unfocused - there's no flow whatsoever. The best (worst?) examples of that are the second and third paragraphs. Another thing: why is there a reference for a history bit in the lead when it's mentioned, unreferenced, in the history section?
- I honestly have no idea how this article passed GA, but if these concerns aren't addressed soon, I'm almost forced to send it to GAR. --TMF Let's Go Mets - Stats 21:25, 26 February 2008 (UTC)
- Also, why is reference 4 used twice in the third history paragraph? If the whole paragraph is attributed to that source, just place a single ref tag at the end. Same thing for route description paragraph 1. --TMF Let's Go Mets - Stats 21:36, 26 February 2008 (UTC)
- Cleaned up route description. Problem was too many people have been a part of editing it. It should run more smoothly now. The NY 59 1800s-1924 was never mine, I assumed it was all in that source#4 that was there already. I guess not. I'm looking for something to give me the commission date. -Airtuna08 (talk) 23:04, 26 February 2008 (UTC)
- It's definitely between 1926 and 1929 according to the maps at the Broer Map Library. However, after doing more digging, the section on NY 59A comes off as wholly incorrect as well. The source given for the 1940s assignment/removal says nothing to the effect - it only says that NY 59A was the alignment of NY 59 in the 1940s. Other NY maps confirm this as well, and more: the 1929 map already in the article shows "59A" as 59, as does a 1952 Sunoco map of downstate New York. By 1962, 59 was on its current alignment between Nanuet and West Nyack; the old alignment is shown, but not marked as 59A. So, if 59A existed, it existed for only a short period between 1952 and 1962. --TMF Let's Go Mets - Stats 23:30, 26 February 2008 (UTC)
It definitely existed. Not in my lifetime, but my father's best friend is a pretty big road buff, and he talked about how West Nyack Road was formally NY 59A. I even showed him a 1990ish Rockland map that still falsely listed 59A awhile back and he said "not anymore, it was removed." I wish I remembered more, but thats 15 years ago and its only hearsay anyway. Hopefully we can find something concrete. -Airtuna08 (talk) 00:02, 27 February 2008 (UTC)
- Wham, bam, thank you maam! Great source from Rockland County website. Page drastically improved! -Airtuna08 (talk) 22:06, 28 February 2008 (UTC)