Talk:List of Prime Ministers of Northern Cyprus
|WikiProject Cyprus||(Rated List-class)|
To hopefully prevent a full-scale edit war, lets try to discuss. Personally, I am of the opinion that the PMs of the Turkish Federative State of Cyprus hould be included, and have edited the article accordingly. These are my reasons:
- The article is called "List of Prime Ministers of Northern Cyprus"
- "Northern Cyprus" is understood to be the area currently controlled by the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus
- Both the TFSC (in the past) and TRNC (currently) have controlled this area
- Therefore, they can both be considered "Northern Cyprus"
- Therefore, both are in scope of this article (which is not called "List of Prime Ministers of the TRNC")
- Therefore, both TSFC as well as TRNC pms should be in this list.
Please let it be known here if you disagree and what your reasoning is (and why you think my reasoning is flawed) instead of just doing commentless reverts. Thanks! Brambo (talk) 21:29, 7 August 2010 (UTC)
- Comment: I think that it is wrong to refer to them as Prime Ministers since only Turkey recognises the "TRNC". This is English Wikipedia and neither the United States or the United Kingdom recognises the "TRNC" or its "Prime Ministers". "Leaders of the Turkish Cypriot community" or something similar will be a more accurate description of their status. Nipsonanomhmata (talk) 12:21, 6 January 2011 (UTC)
- The TFSC is the predecessor of the TRNC, it was the parliament of the TFSC who declared the TRNC. I think they should be included. And I am not trying to take into consideration the comment above which is not objective. --Seksen iki yüz kırk beş (talk) 17:08, 22 April 2011 (UTC)