Talk:Lennox Lewis vs. Mike Tyson
|Lennox Lewis vs. Mike Tyson was one of the Sports and recreation good article nominees, but did not meet the good article criteria at the time. There are suggestions below for improving the article. Once these issues have been addressed, the article can be renominated. Editors may also seek a reassessment of the decision if they believe there was a mistake.|
GA on Hold
- It is reasonably well written.
- a (prose): b (MoS):
- 1)The lead needs to be expanded. The first sentence needs to explain what the fight was, was it a boxing match? a wrestling match? A street fight?
- 2)The championships that Lewis and Tyson held, need to be Wiklinked, so a user can know what the championship is.
- 3)The lead should also explain whether it was broadcasted on pay-per-view, live television, etc.
- 4)The lead should also state the record of each fighter, (i.e 4-5-0)
- 5)In the fourth paragraph, the word "land it" is unencyclopedic, rewording is need there.
- 6)The prose of this article need to be merged, into one or two big articles, having 1 sentence and then splitting into a new paragraph is not apart of the MoS.
- 1)The article needs more sourcing, in the first paragraph of the "general information section", the referee's 20th bout needs to be verified, as well as the weight of Lewis and Tyson.
- 2)The fourth paragraph needs to be sourced, the verifiability of Las Vegas rejecting the fight needs to be checked.
- 3)Also the celebrity attendants, also needs to be sourced.
- 4)Also, the article heavily relies on This one source
- 5)Most of the article is unsourced and could be original research. Please source, unverified claims, especially the fight section, which needs to be sourced, and the wording needs to be improved.
- It is broad in its coverage.
- a (major aspects): b (focused):
- It follows the neutral point of view policy.
- Fair representation without bias:
- 1)In the third paragraph of the general information section, "they came to see the biggest event..." that paragraph sounds biased, and should be reworded.
- It is stable.
- No edit wars etc.:
- It is illustrated by images, where possible and appropriate.
- 1)The poster needs to be in the infobox, to illustrate the event.
- I believe so. Sorry, users who have worked on this article, but this article was just created, and lacks sources and needs a more neutral point of view, once these are adressed, please dont hesitate to renominate it, but for now, this article does not pass. (qualifies under quick fail criteria)~SRS~ 19:42, 4 May 2008 (UTC)
Image copyright problem with Image:Lewis-Tyson.jpg
The image Image:Lewis-Tyson.jpg is used in this article under a claim of fair use, but it does not have an adequate explanation for why it meets the requirements for such images when used here. In particular, for each page the image is used on, it must have an explanation linking to that page which explains why it needs to be used on that page. Please check
- That there is a non-free use rationale on the image's description page for the use in this article.
- That this article is linked to from the image description page.
I just randomly came across this article, and am concerned about its writing quality. It is clear that it was written by someone who does not have English as their main language, and is thus very difficult to comprehend and make sense of. I suggest someone with a good grasp of English and expert knowledge on the subject rewrites such an important article. Andre666 (talk) 22:15, 30 April 2013 (UTC)