|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Goggles article.|
- Where can you get some good cheap goggles for an anime cosplay?—The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs) 15:08, 10 April 2005 (UTC).
- (responDed on IP address Talk page. Mel Etitis (Μελ Ετητης) 15:18, 10 Apr 2005 (UTC))
- Does anyone know when goggles were first used? That would be good to put on here. ~Jiltix 21:28 & 21:29, 6 January 2006 User:Jiltix
- http://www.goggles.no is a good place to start—The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs) 00:43, 10 May 2006(UTC).
- The site's funny, but it has no information whatsoever on goggles. --Ampersand2006 ( talk · user page design ) 21:47, 1 April 2007 (UTC)
- The "popular culture" section has no place on an encyclopedia page. Sound more like a 14 year old Slashdot reader thought something was cool and added it. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 15:14, 6 September 2007 (UTC)
- I agree that the popular culture section is not encyclopedic and should be removed. Also, someone needs to add something about the Chronicles of Riddik to that section, since Riddik wore some cool goggles.188.8.131.52 20:30, 22 October 2007 (UTC)
- Besides which, the correct quote is "My eyes! The goggles do nothing!"---there's no "they". See http://youtube.com/watch?v=uz27HTFdkYE184.108.40.206 (talk) 19:05, 24 April 2008 (UTC)
- There hasn't been any objections for almost two years, so I removed the Popular culture section. It disturbed my googling and bothered me... —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 01:00, 18 July 2009 (UTC)
Thoughts Toward Strengthening This Page
The section about Inuit making snow goggles carved from caribou antler is interesting, but seems out of place -- the preceding and following paragraphs make more sense when back to back. Also, it seems that this could be a specialized section unto itself.
I think that the entomology of the word "goggle", the orgin of goggles, and the development since could not only be interesting, but considerably strengthen this page. Right now there's almost as much useful information on goggles as there is information about an episode of The Simpsons -- whoopie-doo.
Respectfully Submitted as muse - ManOnPipes 23:36, 23 August 2007 (UTC)
- If you think it would be better then go for it. CambridgeBayWeather (Talk) 00:19, 24 August 2007 (UTC)
What about aviators ?
Didn't they use goggles in the past ? And what about nowadays ? Open cockpits still exist... and crew members on board of planes equiped with open cockpits still use goggles, even in modern times... So I think the article should mention aviator goggles, but it doesn't. Why ? 343KKT Kintaro (talk) 23:48, 3 May 2008 (UTC)
I always assumed the reason the horses wore goggles was so they couldn't see the Bull coming and panic / run away... —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 09:07, 13 October 2008 (UTC)
File:AE.jpg Nominated for Deletion
|An image used in this article, File:AE.jpg, has been nominated for deletion at Wikimedia Commons for the following reason: Deletion requests April 2011
|A discussion will now take place over on Commons about whether to remove the file. If you feel the deletion can be contested then please do so (commons:COM:SPEEDY has further information). Otherwise consider finding a replacement image before deletion occurs.|
- Can anyone add portuguese page? I'm not registered to do so
- http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/%C3%93culos_de_seguran%C3%A7a 22.214.171.124 (talk) 21:39, 24 September 2011 (UTC)
- Anthony Appleyard (talk) 04:58, 25 September 2011 (UTC) Done