|WikiProject Pennsylvania||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
- I still have some cleanup to do on the sidebar. There is also a lot of information that is redundant still. I also want to add the borough logo and a map location. Coplan 18:27, 18 April 2006 (UTC)
- Demographics are not the most up to date. I want to bring this up to date to the most current census (2004, I believe).
- I need to add more ionline hot-links to other references.
- History still needs some clean-up.
- I would like to rework the personalities section a bit.
Coplan 18:27, 18 April 2006 (UTC)
- My only issue would be with the demographics, census usually does not give full breakdowns on estimates, mostly for the largest of cities. Would keep the current information, any additional updates should be added into, but not replacing current, and should be marked as estimates. --Boothy443 | trácht ar 05:29, 19 April 2006 (UTC)
I have reverted mulitiple attempts to include facilities that are in neither the borough nor the township, including CB East and Holicong (Buckingham legally, although located in the Holicong village area), CB South and Tamenend (Warrington), Unami (Chalfont) and about a dozen elementary schools. I have clarified which facilities are in the borough and which the township and have inserted a comment in the hopes of curbing this sort of thing in the future. Robert A.West (Talk) 18:25, 2 November 2006 (UTC)
I've got some CC licensed photos at:
Please feel free to use.
Personalities and WP:BLP
Someone is adding unsourced material about a person named Patrick Voytko, claiming this person as a straight-edge advocate. While that does not sound obviously negative, positions should never be attributed to a living person without sourcing. Also, there is no evidence that the person is notable -- there is such a resident of the area who is mentioned once in a wedding announcement as a member of the wedding party. I suspect a vanity posting. The same anon made a comment that a redlinked person from Lititz, Pennsylvania was no longer an advocate, which is potentially more negative, so I also removed it. Robert A.West (Talk) 00:22, 21 January 2007 (UTC)
The above material appeared again, unsourced, and the following material was added, also without source: "It is the birthplace of identical twins Robyn Sanders and Allison Horner." Who are these people and why should anyone care? I can't find any indication they are notable. Before putting them back, will someone please provide a source and an explanation? Robert A.West (Talk) 04:33, 23 January 2007 (UTC)
- The material on Patrick Voytko has been put back, this time with an explicit admission of original research. I have removed, since no reliable source appears to exist. Robert A.West (Talk) 17:20, 23 January 2007 (UTC)
Small article involving Patrick Voytko: http://img255.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot2ik.jpg Hopefully I can dig up more sources to please Mr. West
- Thank you for that source; however one local mention is not sufficient to meet the primary notability criterion, let alone the substantial fame that someone should have before being mentioned in a "people from" section. Robert A.West (Talk) 16:55, 24 January 2007 (UTC)
- Thnking about this some more, a section like this should mention only names that are widely known. So far, everyone else at least rates a Wikipedia article. Lets look at the list: Mercer, and Mead helped create new methods of research. Michener, Hammerstein and Buck, have international reputations as authors. P!nk is hugely famous. Justin Guarini, Timothy Stack, Stefan Avalos, Erin Torpey and the Aldersons are marginal IMO, but at least all have been on national television multiple times. In contrast, Patrick Voytko is a teenager who has gotten one mention in the Doylestown Patriot -- not even the local paper of record. Including him could be seen as giving undue weight to his opinions, which is an NPOV problem. Robert A.West (Talk) 18:34, 24 January 2007 (UTC)
-- before we give voytko his own section we should at least give one to slobber bobber, the pipe-smoking retard who wanders around town in his jean shorts shooting lecherous glances at young girls —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 03:28, 4 September 2007 (UTC)
- Heck, what about Naked Zorro, he had achieved some limited fame. 126.96.36.199 04:21, 12 November 2007 (UTC)
the single most famous inhabitant of the town, living or dead. and not even a peep!!