|WikiProject Albums||(Rated Stub-class, Low-importance)|
Wikipedia is just run by corporate marketers because the sites it plagiarises from are used for the same purpose. Pah who ever looks at Metacritic? Only those who cannot make an opinion of their own. Like any intelligent person needs a professional BS merchant to form the words for them!
Really which record company PR person added the reception section? Positively received?? By who the mentally impaired? The Album is an utter work of shite. A visit to Google will yield many reviews (not on Metacritic) of Scott Walker's "Bish Bosch". Some representative comments are:
- The first time I heard Bish Bosch, I never wanted to hear it again.
- ... who wants to buy an album you can hardly bear to listen to?
- The first thing you hear is 30 seconds of drums that aren't so much being pounded as punished, overlaid with a kind of electronic shriek. And this is one of the more approachable moments on Bish Bosch.
- Bish Bosch is sick with corporeal disgust and philosophical disquiet
- Walker has always protested that people miss the humour in his work - in fairness, that's perhaps an inevitable consequence of writing songs about existential despair, Nicolae Ceausescu, illness, and disgust at the human body
- ... listening to Bish Bosch is a bruising, draining experience
- There's something repellently fascinating about Scott Walker's notion of music these days.
- At the center of it all is an old man wailing about cutting off his own balls and feeding them to someone.
- And, boy, has Walker really bitched it this time - nine new astounding abominations, nine new non-songs, bastards all, hymns without harmony, sheer discordia, and, lyrically, nothing but beasts, buggeries, and decapitations.
- ... furious assault of dystopian instrumentation
To be fair, here are a couple of the rather fewer positive [sic] comments:
- I started listening to this album with a mild amusement but kept returning to it to be both terrified and impressed in equal measure.
- It might not encourage repeat plays, but to dismiss it as a racket is to do it, and its maker, a huge disservice.18.104.22.168 (talk) 12:25, 14 December 2012 (UTC)
- not sure why you have a bee in your bonnet over this, but most of the comments you are referencing are either not from reliable sources, or else not exactly disparaging, moreso commentary on the percieved 'difficulty' of the album (not necessarily a negative comment - for example, Captain Beefheart's Trout Mask Replica is generally perceived as 'difficult' as well, but is also considered a classic. a 'bruising, draining experience' is not necessarily a bad one). Also, please refrain from calling people things like 'Aspie' as you did on your talk page - seeing as you're aware of WP:IDL, you should also be aware of WP:CIVIL. Kaini (talk) 19:32, 17 December 2012 (UTC)
- Have you finally read WP:TALK? Care to explain how your rant is relevant for the improvement of the article? If these opinions are reliable, add them to the article.--Oneiros (talk) 07:28, 18 December 2012 (UTC)
Lovely, you have an opinion and can post random quotations. Feel free to cite some reliable, professional reviews that are more negative if it will make you happy. Until then, take it somewhere other than Wikipedia. Also, you took some quotes from reviews that were actually positive, so maybe you want to be more careful next time. Anyway, on the subject of actually improving the quality of the article, the ratings seem to have been scrambled and are out of order for some reason. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 02:51, 12 January 2013 (UTC)