Suzy Favor Hamilton
August 8, 1968 |
Stevens Point, Wisconsin
|Height||1.60 m (5 ft 2¾ in)|
|Event(s)||Middle distance running|
|College team||University of Wisconsin|
Favor Hamilton was one of the top middle distance runners in the USA in the 1990s and was coached by Peter Tegen. She began running at age nine and then attended and competed at Stevens Point Area Senior High, graduating in 1986. Competing for the University of Wisconsin she won 9 NCAA championships and a silver medal in the 1989 World University Games. She won four USA Outdoor Track and Field Championships and three USA Indoor Track and Field Championships all in the 1500 metres.
Favor Hamilton competed in the at the Summer Olympics in 1992, 1996 and 2000. She finished 11th in her qualifying round race in the 1500 metres in 1992, 4th in her qualifying race in the 800 metres in 1996. She made the finals of the 1500 metres in 2000 with the second best qualifying time (1/100th of a second slower than the best by the eventual winner) and led into the final lap of the final. Favor Hamilton said she deliberately fell during the women's 1500m race at 2000 Summer Olympics, when it became clear that she could not win a medal.
She attended the University of Wisconsin–Madison, receiving a bachelor of science degree in graphic arts in 1991. While a freshman there, she met Mark Hamilton, then a pitcher on the University baseball team. The two married a week after she graduated. They continue to live in Madison, Wisconsin with their daughter.
In December 2011, Favor Hamilton joined the Las Vegas based escort agency Haley Heston Private Collection. In December 2012, after being confronted by a reporter for The Smoking Gun, Hamilton admitted working for the service. She tweeted a message admitting to and accepting responsibility for having been an escort.
- Favor Hamilton, Suzy and Antonio, Jose: Fast Track: Training and Nutrition Secrets from America's Top Female Runner, Rodale Books, 2004. ISBN 1-59486-013-0
- "USA Outdoor Track & Field Champions". USA Track & Field.
- "USA Indoor Track & Field Champions". USA Track & Field.
- "Suzy Favor Hamilton". SR/Olympic Sports.
- Hegarty, Stephanie. "Should athletes prepare for defeat?".
- "Suzy Favor Hamilton". radaronline.com. December 22, 2012. Retrieved 4 January 2012.
- "U.S. Olympian's Secret Life As Las Vegas Escort". The Smoking Gun. December 20, 2012.
- "Report: Olympian Suzy Favor Hamilton worked as high-priced escort". Los Angeles Times. December 20, 2012.
- "Former Olympian Cites Depression for Taking Job as Escort". New York Times. December 20, 2012.