|Born||1953 (age 59–60)
|Genres||Melodic rock, Hard Rock, pop rock|
Stan Bush is an American singer-songwriter and musician whose most notable work includes the songs "Dare" and "The Touch" from the soundtrack to the 1986 animated film The Transformers: The Movie, and "She's Got the Power", featured in the American voice dub of the animated series Sailor Moon. Other notable works include the songs "Never Surrender," "Streets of Siam," and "Fight for Love" from the movie Kickboxer, and "Fight to Survive" and "On My Own - Alone", the theme from Bloodsport. In 1987, Bush (and back-up band Barrage) wrote and recorded the ballad "Love Don't Lie", which became a minor MTV hit when covered a year later by House Of Lords.
Bush submitted two tracks for the producers of the 2007 live action Transformers movie, but they were not included on the final soundtrack. However, on July 3, 2007, Bush re-released his album In This Life with the two additional tracks he submitted for the Transformers soundtrack, which include an updated version of "The Touch", and an updated version of his song from BotCon 1997, "Ground Zero", retitled "'Till All Are One". Bush also recorded another, markedly different version of "The Touch" which was at first rumoured for possible inclusion in the 2009 sequel Revenge of the Fallen. The 2007 version of "The Touch" was later released as a free downloadable track for the video game Guitar Hero World Tour. More recently, Bush's aforementioned "Till All Are One" was used as the end credits song for 2010 video game Transformers: War for Cybertron.
Bush's latest studio album is Dream the Dream, which was released on September 15, 2010 through LA Records. The album contains 11 new songs written and performed by Stan Bush and studio musicians, as well as a cover of perhaps his most popular song, "The Touch", which was originally re-recorded for inclusion in 2009's Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen film, but was ultimately not included. His first full-studio effort since 2007's In This Life, it gathered positive reviews from fans and critics alike.
- Boulder (1979) (First album appearance with "Boulder")
- Stan Bush (1983)
- Stan Bush & Barrage (1987)
- Every Beat of My Heart (1992)
- Dial 818-888-8638 (1993)
- Higher Than Angels (1996)
- The Child Within (1996)
- Call to Action (1997)
- Til All Are One (1997)
- Stan Bush & Barrage - Heaven (1998)
- Merry Christmas & A Happy New Year (1998) (Christmas Album -out of print-)
- Capture the Dream - The Best of Stan Bush (1999)
- Language of the Heart (2001)
- Shine (2004)
- In This Life (2007)
- Dream The Dream (2010)
- Sciretta, Peter (14 May 2009). "Transformers 2 Remake of Stan Bush’s "The Touch"". /Film. Retrieved 26 May 2009.
- de Matos, Xav (19 March 2009). "Stan Bush's 'The Touch' coming to Guitar Hero". Joystiq. Retrieved 26 May 2009.
- Stan Bush at the Internet Movie Database
- Stan Bush Official Web Site
- Stan Bush on Twitter
- Stan Bush Official MySpace
- Biography and photographs from LA Records