St Luke's Church, Kew
|St Luke's Church, Kew|
|Kew St. Luke|
St Luke's Church, Kew
|Denomination||Church of England|
|Associated people||Timothy Beaumont, Baron Beaumont of Whitley|
|Architect(s)||Goldie, Child and Goldie|
|Parish||Kew, St Luke|
|Vicar(s)||Rev. Peter Hart|
|Director of music||Mary Noyes|
|Churchwarden(s)||Laura Coughtrie and Alison Rowley|
|Parish administrator||Guinevere Duff|
St Luke's Church, Kew is a parish church in Kew, in the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames. It is part of the Church of England and the Anglican Communion and, locally, is a member of Churches Together in Kew. Together with St Philip and All Saints (the Barn Church), it is one of two parishes within the united benefice of Kew, St Philip & All Saints with St Luke. The church, built in the Gothic Revival style by architects Goldie, Child and Goldie, is also host to the Kew Community Trust and acts as a community centre. The current vicar is Rev Peter Hart.
The large Victorian church, whose initial design plans included a spire that was never realised, acquired a small tower (to accommodate a lift) when it was redesigned in 1983. The redesign enables it to function as a dual purpose building. There is a smaller church in the former chancel area; the former nave and a second hall constructed in the lofty roof area are used as community space.
The community spaces in the building are currently occupied by the Kew Community Trust. The core activity of the Trust is the Avenue Club,  a non-profit making social centre offering a range of recreational activities for the whole community.
- "Richmond and Barnes Deanery". The Diocese of Southwark. Retrieved 29 August 2012.
- Churches Together in Kew website. Retrieved 19 June 2011.
- Bridget Cherry and Nikolaus Pevsner (1983). The Buildings of England - London 2: South. London: Penguin Books. p. 504. ISBN 0 14 0710 47 7.
- "St Luke's - Location and Contacts". St Luke's Kew website. Retrieved 19 June 2011.
- David Blomfield (1994). Kew Past. Chichester, Sussex: Phillimore & Co Ltd. p. 100. ISBN 0 85033 923 5.
- "St Luke's Church, Kew - chancel". geograph. 2009. Retrieved 22 June 2011.
- "St Luke's - History". St Luke's Kew website. Retrieved 19 June 2011.
- "Obituary: The Rev Lord Beaumont of Whitley". The Telegraph. 11 April 2008. Retrieved 23 July 2012.