||This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.
As one of the less than 30 active teams around the world (info as of 2012.), and selected to participate in a competition that offers US$ 30 MM for who first lands on the lunar surface and succeed to realize several special milestones (like send picture and movies to the earth, survive some days there, context some ancient sites from old missions, and walk 500 meters)., in its first mission, SpaceMETA decided to participate bringing rupture ideas to the race, considering to use at minimum level conventional and already used old age space technologies and solutions. SpaceMETA was the last team to be selected by the XPrize X Prize Foundation to participate on the GLXP, and the only one selected from Brazil pt:Brasil.
SpaceMETA history begins on the beach of Rio de Janeiro, where a group of friends, mainly from IT sector, walking every night at Copacabana beach sidewalk, and of course seeing the full Moon some times, have decided to continue its spirit of startup actions and, motivated by the GLXP, began a new company looking to bring innovation for the Space Adventures.
SpaceMETA has special interest in educational area and also decided to publish in its WebSite all details about innovations and patents for its first mission, called LUMEM (Lunar Micro Explorer Mission).
Founders↑Jump back a section
SpaceMETA Mission Overview Summary, as presented to the XPrize Committee, has proposed several rupture innovation approach for its mission. Actually the disclosed innovations are related with the following technical approaches:
- Usage of ethanol as rocket fuel
- Launch the vehicle not from the ground but a lifted launch using balloons / auxiliary craft
- Usage of inflatable structures instead, to transport big things that should be armed there (like antennas and solar panels)
- Infinity Motion - SpaceMETA doesn't use conventional energy system to create movement on the moon rover (called Solitaire (x-Frog and x-Blob)), but a NITINOL and Coil based kinetic energy converter called Infinity Motion.
- Send information to the Earth not using electromagnetic waves, but a special Optical Modulation reflecting the solar light
- During the movement of the Lunar Modules on the Surface, usage of the contact/impact process, so imbedded sensors will capture the echoes above the surface
- Geographically, SpaceMETA plans to visit some SETI / Scientific related sites of interest on the Moon
- "Google Lunar XPrize". "SpaceMETA at GLXP Official site"
- "The Launchpad". "SpaceMETA Selected to participate on the GLXP"
- Lunar XPrize Competition "GLXP Competition Finalists". "SpaceMETA Selected to participate on the GLXP"
- "Rules of the $US30 MM XPrize Competition". "SpaceMETA Selected to participate on the GLXP"
- "SpaceMETA on FastCompany Magazine". "'"
- "Intel-SpaceMETA Sponsorship". "Intel Official Press Release About SpaceMETA Sponsorship"
- "Sergio Cabral Cavalcanti Profile at GLXP". "'"
- "SpaceMETA Mission Overview". "SpaceMETA LUMEM Overview"
- "Google Lunar XPrize". "SpaceMETA Lunar Mission Overview"
- "The SpaceMETA Moon Rover Solitaire". "'"
- (Official SpaceMETA website at GLXP here)
- About SpaceMETA Conference ant SETI Institute 2011 GLXP Summit 
- About Intel Sponsorship to SpaceMETA 
- About SpaceMETA SocialNet Facebook 
- About Founders Sergio Cabral Cavalcanti Interview 
- About SpaceMETA on Official site in GLXP 
- About SpaceMETA website 
- About XPrize website 
- About Intel Sponsorship to SpaceMETA 
- About News of SpaceMETA 
- About SpaceMETA on the Epoca Magazine 
- About SpaceMETA on the ISTOE Magazine 
- About SpaceMETA - Intel Interview 
- About SpaceMETA Rocket Section Simulation 
- About Supersonic Simulation ( by Edge of Space) 
- About VELA Design (Veiculo Lançador) 
- About Founder Sergio Cabral Cavalcanti Conference 
- About SpaceMETA Robotics simulation with NAO 
- About SpaceMETA Robotics Demo 
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language