Sinandigan, Ubay, Bohol
|— Barangay —|
|Region:||Central Visayas, Region VII|
|Date Established||May 8, 1968|
|• Type||Barangay Council|
|• Brgy. Chairman||Carolina S. Bacatan|
|• Brgy. Councilors|
|• SK Chairman||Kayra Marie S. Bacatan|
|• Land||6.07278 km2 (2.34471 sq mi)|
|• Density||316.80/km2 (820.5/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
Barangay Sinandigan celebrates its annual fiesta every December 8 in honor of their patron saint.
Located on the eastern part of the municipality, barangay Sinandigan overlooks Bohol Sea to the east. It is bounded by barangay Union to the north, to the south by barangay Benliw and the west by barangay Imelda . It has approximate distance of 10 km from the town center, Poblacion.
Barangay Sinandigan is once a sitio of barangay Tapal before it became a separate barangay. The name Sinandigan came from the Visayan word sandig which means to cause to assume a leaning or to recline.
There are seven puroks or units in the barangay manned by the elected kagawads including the Punong Barangay or Barangay chairman.
Facilities and Services
- Barangay Hall
- Day Care Center
- Elementary School
- 7 Purok Kiosks
- Ubay, Bohol, Philippines, 6315 (2008-09-16). "Barangay Sinandigan". Ubaybohol.byethost3.com. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- "Chapter I" (PDF). Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- "Ubay in Bohol Visayas Philippines". nscb.gov.ph. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- Official Website of the Municipality of Ubay
- Philippine Census 2007, Official Count
- National Census Statistical Board, 2007