In 1892 the several Silver Party candidates were elected to Nevada public offices. The party's success continued throughout the decade, culminating in the election of Governors John E. Jones and Reinhold Sadler. Nevada was the only state to elect both Senators and Congressional representatives from the Silver Party.
Nationally the Silver Party aligned with the Populist Party and to a lesser extent with the Silver Republican Party. By 1902 most pro-silver factions in Nevada had been absorbed by the state Democratic Party organization.
- William M. Stewart - United States Senate, Nevada
- John E. Jones, Governor of Nevada (1895-1896)
- Reinhold Sadler, Lt. Governor of Nevada (1895-1896); Governor of Nevada (1896-1903)
- John Sparks, Governor of Nevada (1903-1908)
- Denver S. Dickerson, Lt. Governor of Nevada (1907-1908); Governor of Nevada (1908-1911)
- "Political Parties and Voter Registration". Nevada Department of Cultural Affairs. 2008. Retrieved 2009-10-29.
- Ferguson, Margaret Robertson. The executive branch of state government: people, process, and politics. p. 329. ISBN 1-85109-771-6. Retrieved 2009-10-29.
- Rebecca Edwards (2000). "The Silver Party". Vassar College. Retrieved 2009-10-29.
- "Nevada Elects Stewart" (PDF). New York Times. 1893-01-24. Retrieved 2009-10-29.
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language