Seven Troughs Range
|Seven Troughs Range|
|Peak||Seven Trough Peak|
|Elevation||2,376 m (7,795 ft)|
|Length||19 mi (31 km) NNE-SSW|
|Width||5 mi (8.0 km) E-W|
|Area||140 sq mi (360 km2)|
- the Kama and Antelope ranges to the north,
- the Majuba Mountains to the northeast,
- Sage Valley and Trinity Range to the southeast with Lovelock beyond;
- Granite Springs Valley to the south,
- the Sahwave Mountains and small Blue Wing Mountains to the southwest;
- Kumiva Valley and the Selenite Range to the west and
- Black Rock Desert to the northwest.
Along the southeast margin of the range above Sage Valley are several ghost towns dating from the early 1900s which served the gold mining activity in the canyons. From northeast to southwest are the sites of Ferrell, Mazuma, Tunnel Camp and Vernon.
- "Seven Troughs Range". Geographic Names Information System, U.S. Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-05-04.
- Lovelock, Nevada, 30x60 minute quadrangle, USGS, 1984
- Eugene Mts., Nevada, 30x60 minute quadrangle, USGS, 1985
- Seven Troughs, Nevada, 7.5 minute quad., USGS, 1981
- Rocky Canyon, Nevada, 7.5 minute quad., USGS, 1982
|This Nevada state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|