||This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.
Serendipity's official blog
|Developer(s)||Serendipity Developer Team|
|Stable release||1.6.2 / May 16, 2012|
|Type||content management system|
Serendipity is a PHP based blog and web-based content management system. It is available under a BSD license. It supports PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQLite database backends, the Smarty template engine, and a plugin architecture for user contributed modifications. 
Serendipity's plugin architecture allows users to easily modify both the appearance of the blog and its features.
Serendipity's SPARTACUS plugin automatically checks the central repository for plugins/templates upgrades and new functionality whenever a user checks the list. Users can install more than 120 plugins, instantly enhancing their blogs' functionality. 
- WYSIWYG and HTML editing
- Built-in, powerful media database
- Multiple authors, configurable permission/usergroup system
- Threaded comments, nested categories, post to multiple categories
- Multiple languages (internationalization)
- Online plugin and template repository for easy plug-and-play installation
- Easy drag-and-drop sidebar plugins organization
- Category-based sub-blogs
- Static Pages
- RSS planet/aggregator
- Robust spam blocking
- Tag support
- One-click upgrading from any version
- Can be embedded into your existing web pages
- Standards-compliant templating through Smarty
- Remote blogging via XML-RPC
- BSD-style licensing
- Multiple Database support (SQLite, PostgreSQL, MySQL, MySQLi)
- Shared installations can power multiple blogs from just one codebase
- Native import from earlier blog applications (WordPress, Textpattern, Moveable Type, bblog, etc.)
- Search engine-friendly permalink structure
- TrackBack and Pingback
|Original title (if not in English)||Serendipity Individuelle Weblogs für Einsteiger und Profis|
|Subject(s)||Serendipity Weblog Software|
The first book about Serendipity was published in German by OpenSourcePress: Serendipity - Individuelle Weblogs für Einsteiger und Profis. 
- "Serendipity 1.6.2 released". s9y.org. 2012-05-16. Retrieved 2012-05-16.
- "Serendipity - PHP Script". Gscripts.net. 2 August 2006. Retrieved 19 September 2012.
- "Serendipity - Features". s9y.org. Retrieved 19 September 2012.
- "http://www.amazon.de/Serendipity-Individuelle-Weblogs-Einsteiger-Profis/dp/3937514546". Open Source Press. Retrieved 19 September 2012.