6 September 1962 |
|Home town||Tampere, Finland|
Seppo Lehto (born 6 September 1962 in Kuru) is a Finnish far right activist, currently living in Tampere. The main theme of his activism is the return of Finnish territories ceded to the Soviet Union in World War II. He also claims to lead several organizations. He has also drawn Mohammed caricatures.
On 30 May 2008, the Tampere District Court sentenced Lehto to two years and four months imprisonment. Lehto was charged with nine counts of gross defamation, inciting ethnic hatred and religious blasphemy against Islam. The defamations included sexual slander towards the victims, claiming the victims to be guilty of fabricated crimes and writing disturbing material as if they were written by the victims (Identity theft). Some blog entries were also inciting to violence against the victims. Over 40 blog sites were closed by the court's decision. Lehto had previously served a suspended sentence for defamation and was under probation, which means that his three-month sentence will become mandatory.
- "The New Radical Right Taking Shape in Finland". Retrieved 2008-10-09.
- Lahtonen, Mika. "Joutuuko Karjala-aktivisti Seppo Lehto linnaan?`- Nettiherjoja tuomareista presidenttiin". Alibi., May 2008.
- Hietala, Arto. "Valtava määrä törkytekstiä – Vankeus uhkaa Karjala-aktivistia". Alibi., April 2008.
- "Internet-kirjoittelu vie tamperelaismiehen vankilaan". Jukka Hauru (Helsingin Sanomat). 2008-08-14.
- "Nettiherjaukset veivät vankilaan". STT (Iltalehti). 2008-05-30.
- "За блоги уже сажают". CNews.
- "Törkykirjoittelu netissä toi tamperelaismiehelle linnaa". Aamulehti. 2008-05-30.
- "Nettiherjaukset toivat vankilatuomion". STT (Keskisuomalainen). 2008-05-30.
- "Nettiherjaukset toivat vankilatuomion". STT (Talouselämä). 2008-05-30.
- "Nettiherjaukset toivat vankilatuomion". MTV3-STT (MTV3). 2008-05-30.
- "Seppo Lehdon nettisivuista jälleen rikosilmoitus". STT-IL (Iltalehti). 2008-06-23.
- "Finnish Court Serves Seppo Lehto Two Year Jail Sentence For Insensitivity Against Islam". EuropeNews (EuropeNews). 2008-06-04.
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language