Saikai Pearl Sea Resort
||This article appears to be written like an advertisement. (May 2012)|
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (May 2012)|
Umi Kirara Saikai National Park Aquarium
|Date opened||July 20, 1994|
|Location||Sasebo, Nagasaki, Japan|
|Number of animals||13,000|
|Number of species||120|
|Annual visitors||139,8400 (2006)|
Saikai Pearl Sea Resort (西海パールシーリゾート Saikai-pāru-shi-rizōto ) is an amusement park consisting of an aquarium, shopping mall, hotel and marina. It is located in the city of Sasebo, Nagasaki Prefecture, Japan. It opened for business on July 20, 1994.
- Marine facilities
- Umi Kirara Saikai National Park Aquarium
- Jellyfish Symphony Dome - Listen to a healing symphony which weaves mysterious jellyfish, fantastic lights, peaceful music, and elegantly floating jellyfish all together.
- Kujūkushima Bay Large Aquarium - The Kujūkushima Bay Large Aquarium contains 13,000 creatures (120 types), and it is possible to view these creatures just like you were walking in the sea.
- Kujūkushima Dulphin Pool - At the Kujūkushima dolphin pool visitors can watch its cute dolphins against the backdrop of Kujūkushima.
- July 20, 1994: Open for business.
- July 20, 2002: The Pearl Queen Kujū-ku Islands cruise ferry began.
- August 31, 2008: The facility was closed for reconstructed the buildings.
- July 18, 2009: The facility was reopened to the public.
- Umi Kirara Aquarium:¥1400 adults, ¥700 children
- Pearl Queen and Kaiō Kujūkushima Excursion Boats:¥1200 adults, ¥600 children
- Eco Boat Matsuura:¥2000 adults, ¥1000 children
- Sea kayak:¥500 single, ¥1000 double
- Kujūkushima Yacht Sailing:¥2500 adults, ¥1500 children
Take a city bus from Sasebo Station, get off at Pearl Sea Resort / Kujūkushima Aquarium bus stop. The journey takes approximately 25 minutes. There is a rapid shuttle service (separate fee) which coincides with JR limited express Midori and takes approximately 18 minutes (runs between Sasebo Station and Saikai Pearl Sea Resort).
|This article about an amusement park is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Nagasaki Prefecture location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a zoo, aquarium, safari park, or aviary is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language