|Look up sadism in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Sadism is the derivation of pleasure as a result of inflicting pain, cruelty, degradation, or humiliation, or, watching such behaviors inflicted on others. Aspects of it include:
- Sadism and masochism (as medical terms), sadism and masochism as paraphilia
- Sadistic personality disorder, nonsexual sadism
- Masochistic personality disorder
- See also
- Marquis de Sade, an 18th-century French writer from whom the term sadism is coined
- Schadenfreude, a German word for pleasure derived from the misfortunes of others
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.