|Predecessor(s)||year tbd: unit of Hughes|
|Founded||1993: SRS Labs, Inc.|
|Headquarters||Santa Ana, California, USA|
|Key people||Tom Yuen
(Chairman and CEO)
SRS Labs, Inc. is a Santa Ana, California-based audio technology engineering company that specializes in audio enhancement solutions for wide variety of consumer electronic devices. Originally a part of Hughes Aircraft Company,[when?] the audio division developed the Sound Retrieval System technology, and in 1993 was separated off to form SRS Labs, Inc. In 1996 SRS Labs became a publicly traded company on Nasdaq, SRSL.
In 2008, approximately 36 million SRS-equipped flat-panel TVs were shipped, representing a 30-percent estimated market share.
SRS Labs has more than three hundred consumer electronics manufacturing partners, and holds more than 150 patents for its technologies. SRS has also recently begun to manufacture its own products, including, MyVolume - Volume Leveling Adaptor, SRS iWOW for iTunes, SRS HD Audio Lab for PC, and SRS iWOW Adaptor for iPod.
The company licenses and produced a number of products including:
- StudioSound HD
- TruSurround HD
- TruSurround XT
- TheaterSound (Equipped only on high-end Samsung 2010 Televisions.(Series 6 and above) and Samsung 2011 Televisions.(Series 5 and below)
- TheaterSound HD (Equipped only on high-end Samsung 2011 Televisions.(Series 6 and above) and T27A950 3D TV monitor.)
- Headphone 360
- TruSurround HD4
- Dialog Clarity
- WOW HD
- TruMedia (for Android devices based on Qualcomm MS7x27 series)
- Circle Surround
- CS Headphone
- CS Auto
- "Our current partners". SRS labs. Retrieved 2009-05-26.
- "SRS Labs Targets 46 Million SRS-Equipped Flat Panel TVs by End of 2009". Business Week - PR Newswire. Retrieved 2009-05-26.
- "SRS Labs Reports First Quarter 2009 Results". SRS Labs. 09-05-07. Retrieved 2012-06-03.