SAP Community Network
SAP community network (SCN) is the official user community of SAP AG. SAP software users, developers, consultants, mentors and students use the SAP Community Network to get help, share ideas, learn, innovate and connect with others. There are currently over 2.5 million members who create over 3,000 posts a day.
SCN has over 430 spaces (sub-groups) dedicated to SAP products, topics, technologies, industries, programming languages (such as ABAP) and more. Almost all spaces contain related discussion threads (forums), blogs, documents and poll. While there is already eLearning content hosted on SCN, A video application and management system is slated to be incorporated in the second half of 2012. There are also several spaces in Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Portuguese, German and Russian.
The SAP Community Network (SCN) was created in 2003 as the SAP Developer Network. In 2006, a sub-community for business process experts was created for users that defined their role as business analysts or consultants. After the acquisition of BusinessObjects, the BusinessObjects Diamond community was integrated into SCN at first as the BusinessObjects community and later as the Business Analytics Community. University Alliances Community was launched in 2009 to support collaboration among professors, students, customers and partners worldwide.
Around 2008, the term "SAP Developer Network" no adequately described the scope of the community so it was rename to SAP Community Network. SCN is still colloquially referred to as "SDN."
In March 2012, the SAP Community Network was migrated to a Jive based platform hosted on a new sub-domain: scn.sap.com. The new platform is more robust than the former and finally brings all discussions (forums), blogs and documents into a single space for easier access and use. After the migration, the sub-communities for SDN, BPX and BOC/BA continue to exist in newsletter format.
- Shaughnessy, Haydn. "Marching to the Customers' Drum Beat. Creating A Social Business at SAP". Forbes. Retrieved 11 April 2012.
- Lax, Jason. "SCN Site Index". SAP Community Network. Retrieved 19 April 2012.
- Johnson, Matt. "What's next for SCN in 2012". SAP Community Network. Retrieved 9 April 2012.
- Martens, China. "SAP targets business process experts". Computerworld. Retrieved 12 September 2006.
- Yolton, Mark. "Business Objects & Diamond Bring Us Value". SAP Community Network. Retrieved 22 January 2008.
- SAP. "SAP Launches Online Resource for Academic Community". SAP AG. Retrieved 23 February 2009.
↑Jump back a section
Read in another language
This page is available in 1 language